Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Gauntlet F 451 Special Edition

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gauntlet F 451 Special Edition
 Login/Join

posted
Hey Friends,
Most of you probably already know - Gauntlet Press is releasing a special edition of "Fahrenheit 451" in a few months. It will include the novella, "The Fireman" and the short story, "The Library" both of which the masterpiece were based on, and other "special features" (ah the age of DVDs) as well. It looks to be their most thoughtful publication since "Dark Carnival." Check it out.

www.gauntletpress.com

I miss you all and wish I were here more often.

Peace & Love,
Greentown

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. If you haven't read Mr. Bradbury's stage adaptation, get your hands on it if you don't get the Gauntlet special edition. It is a special edition in itself.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When Ignorant Armies Clash"

...an unpublished novella from Bradbury! Wow! When did he write that one? Plus so much other things. You know, Donn Albright spent some time at Bradbury's tinkering thru all the stuff ...unpublished manuscripts, etc... and this must be some of the fruits from that search.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greenie,
Good news about the new F451!
I was replacing a dead bulb in one of the forgotten rooms of this site and heard some footsteps echoing down one of the halls. Must've been you!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II,
Who do you think planted that dead bulb? I lurk here in the shadows, there in the echoes of footsteps, watching. Watching.
Greentown

Andy

posted Hide Post
Greentown,
Do you know if the new F451 will include "Bright Phoenix"?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just looked it up - Bright Phoenix is included! Huzzah! However, "The Castle" is only included in the Lettered Edition.
I should know, but what exactly is a Lettered Edition? Limited, of course, but autographed or something?

posted Hide Post
*bump*

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to hear about the new book - but heck, if it's as expensive as the Dark Carnival reprint, it may have to wait.

By the way, it's a nostalgic experience for me to be back here. Good to see you all again.

By the way, while we're on the subject, does anyone have a word count for FAHRENHEIT 451? I ask this because it's always been unclear to me whether it is a genuine novel, or whether it falls within the novella limit (40,000 words).

Posts: 110 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to see YOU!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post