Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    news of "Sound of Thunder" movie
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

news of "Sound of Thunder" movie
 Login/Join

posted
Trailer of "Sound of Thunder" is in theaters this weekend attached to prints of "CATWOMAN" .

According to Variety, Warner Bros. Pictures will promote this film
at this week's San Diego Comic-Con.

Yahoo! movie group of this movie http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Edward_Burns_A_Sound_of_Thunder_Movie/

[This message has been edited by marychan41 (edited 07-23-2004).]

Posts: 13 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awww man! So to watch the trailer, I'd have to go see Catwoman?!?

Is this trailer appearing before any other film?

A quick google search reveals: no sites (currently) hosting the trailer. A few different sites promise an October 8, 2004 release date. And a videogame is already being made.

I'll keep my eye out for an online version of the trailer. If anybody else spots one, please post a link.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rm-r:
Is this trailer appearing before any other film?

In this weekend........no

[This message has been edited by marychan41 (edited 07-23-2004).]

posted Hide Post
wow...i really hope they dont screw this one up...(as they tend to do with RB's stories)...ive been looking it up and it looks like it will be pretty decent...they haven' seemed to alter the story too much.

Lauren Murray

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But the script of this movie has been approved by Ray Bradbury http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-09/02/12.00.film
Hyams added that he has been a big fan of Bradbury's since the director was a boy, and that he consulted with Bradbury throughout the development of the script. "He was involved in the sense that I kept on saying, 'Is this OK with you? Is this OK with you? Is this OK with you?'" Hyams said. "He's Ray Bradbury. If he didn't like something, I wouldn't do it." Hyams added, "He's been unhappy with a lot of things that have been done based on his work. And I did not feel like joining that group. I want to be the founding member of the other club. I want to make a film that he adores." A Sound of Thunder, which also stars Ben Kingsley and Catherine McCormack, is currently in production, with an eye to a 2004 release.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
At last, something concrete to prove that the movie really exists! I'm relieved to find (in the trailer, at least), that certain key elements of the short story are there (time travel, hunting dinosaurs, butterfly, the idea of history being a delicate balance). I just hope they haven't expanded the story too much.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, here's hoping they kept most of the story intact. Thanks for posting the trailer, marychan.

Perhaps with the occasional movie trend (release one successful movie, and a few others with the same story type are released soon after), we could see a slew of Bradbury's stories adapted for the silver screen.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trailer looks pretty good. The story has to be expanded, of course, to accomodate a full length movie from the short story. But it does have Ben Kingsley, Catherine McCormic and Edward Burns, so it has good actors in it. The path looks pretty cool, and the T-Rex looks good.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does look like a good movie. Now to hope they don't drag it out for 3 hours or else I'll be waiting for it to come out on DVD!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
��________________________________________ �

hey you guys up there on the post board:::

Am I looking at the wrong trailer or what? Maybe it's this one!

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/asoundofthunder/trailer/trailer_hi/traile r_MSTR.mov

Oh, gosh no! It's just the same trailer. But a little better to look at? Better? Wish on!

Don't invite me to anything.Not invited anyway. But sorry, folks. ( And I sure hope Chicago doesn't 'really' look like that in 2054. Especially after all those hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars spent on Millennium Park and Soldier Field. )

HELP!! They've used every gimmick on the trailer. The dinosaurs look very 'dino-sorry'! And that bat is... Like someone held a bat and took a picture.

Ooohh! I got a stomach ache....

Why does this have to look like every movie trailer out there?

Trailer: 1/2 hokum 'hokey star'

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-25-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to see Catwoman on Friday (yuck) and I saw the trailer for 'A Sound of Thunder' and all I can say is....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
I really don't think they will screw up. Everyone I was with, and not with, seem to be in awe at the idea that something 'original' was finally coming out. The only thing that frightened me a little was the fact that I saw some strange creatures...but I guess they had to add on a little to make it interesting and add that little piece of 'Hollywood'...but anyway it looks like it will be a great movie.

Lauren Murray

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first heard of ASOT being made into a movie, I had imagined they would have done what it appears they HAVE done, and that is to use the short story as, say the first 1/3 of the movie, and then invent the rest of the movie based on what happens next.
I've only seen the downloaded version, so it's hard to tell, a couple things looked a little cheesy...
I'll hold off judgment for now, at least until I see it in a real theater.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon:

cheesy! Yeah, that's a good word.

1/2 hokey 'cheesy' star

_________
This was edited because I didn't spell cheesy and had to re type it. Now that in itself is cheesy!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-26-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say, if a movie adaptation is below the fans's expectations, it's worth it as long as *somebody* reads the original story and falls in love with RB.

At least, that's my hope for A Sound of Thunder and F451.