Ray Bradbury Forums
RB's drink

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/4691006372

27 February 2005, 10:53 PM
Faler
RB's drink
What does Ray Bradbury drink?

I'm just curiose, doe he brew his own dandelion wine? Or does he consume beer, or hard liquor?

He must drink, I can tell by his work.
28 February 2005, 12:21 AM
biplane1
In the video "Ray Bradbury-An American Icon" Ray is shown at his Palm Beach home going to the fridge, taking out a hunk of cheese, cutting a piece and placing it on a plate, and grabbing a Coors.

He has also referred to drinking himself. When "The Martian Chronicles" appeared as a television movie, he said that he invited a bunch of friends over, but the movie was so lame that they drank most of a case of beer.

Marguerite and Ray spent at least a month in France every summer for many years, so I can't imagine him not having some wine once in a while.
28 February 2005, 01:13 AM
Nard Kordell
biplane 1:

Hmm! Drank a case of beer? I don't recall. I was one of the friends over Ray's house the night of the telecast. The first night. I don't recall Ray or anyone else drinking beer, at least there. He did go into another room and get his shotgun off the wall and theatened to start shooting if we didn't quiet down when the movie got so bad.
28 February 2005, 04:50 AM
dandelion
Ray seriously has a shotgun, or did you make that up? I thought he was strictly a ray gun man! (Gotta beware that humming hand weapon with its electric bees!)

His favorite beer used to be Olympia Light in a tall can, but he gave up drinking I think even before the stroke, for other health reasons. Certainly his drinking has been less to none since the stroke.
28 February 2005, 10:24 AM
Nard Kordell
dandelion: No didn't make that up. Maybe the shotgun was ornamental. Convincing enough for everyone to burst out in great instantaneous laughter.
01 March 2005, 03:04 PM
libRArY
I liked the series The Martian Chronicles, which is available on VHS tape. Somethings could have been edited, surely, but those were fine Martians depicted in the first hour.
16 February 2012, 06:42 PM
dandelion
Moving this up because I just read of this incident in Sam's book and it's great that our late and much-missed board member was present on the historic occasion.

Nard always asked us to help pray Ray into heaven. Ray said his idea of hell would be watching The Martian Chronicles miniseries. Please pray for Ray so he doesn't have to spend eternity sitting through the entire thing including deleted scenes!