Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Just wanna know
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just wanna know
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I e-mailed the people at the Planetary Society, and they said that Mr. Bradbury is scheduled to be at the convention on Saturday. The whole thing looks like a lot of fun!

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jfaronson:

Wonder what the crowds are to be like at the Mars landing event this January, in Pasadena......but I'll be there! This should be 'great fun'!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool, Nard--I'll keep an eye out for you!

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jfaronson::
Hmm! I just got my ticket and it's #1900.
This isn't exactly a small social coffee club. Should I hold a large helium baloon on a string...for location purposes?

I didn't realize that two other countries had a Mars probe at this same time. Japan's effort just failed, something to do with thrusters blowing up. And then...is it England...has one? Lots of interest on the USA effort, which are two Rover-style landers....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard:

Yikes! I guess I should get my ticket ordered! Yes, a balloon would be good...

posted Hide Post
Nard:

OK. I have my tickets (actually, will-call does). My order number is 2000.

posted Hide Post
Nard:

I looked for you in the crowd around Ray Saturday night. Sorry we didn't get to meet each other, but Ray is an awesome person! He was SO funny and nice!