Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Just wanna know
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just wanna know
 Login/Join

posted
I was just wondering if anyone knows if Ray Bradbury signs books? Because I wanted to get a signed copy for my sister, who only likes reading Ray Bradbury. I seriously mean this, she loves his books and stories and will read them for fun but she won't read other books for fun. So if anyone could help me out I would really be thankful.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 11 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ijustwannaknow

Of course, Ray Bradbury signs books.

If you live in California, say around Los Angeles, then your chances of getting a book signed are astronomical. Where do you live?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't live in LA I was just curious to know if there was an address to send the book to and maybe a quick sign and wam bam thank you man. Any suggestions?

posted Hide Post
We don't give out his address here but do have a thread about writing him containing a link to a site which does give it. He will sign a copy of ANY book of his--new or used. Just get one you think your sister would like, and two envelopes. One larger, addressed to Mr. Bradbury, with your return address, into which a smaller envelope, in which the book will still fit, but addressed to you, can fit. (This saves him from addressing an envelope to you. It would also help if you find out the postage and have it already stamped! It has to be stamps--meter is no good in the case of an SASE, which means self-addressed, stamped envelope.) If you want it personalized to your sister be sure to include her name in large, clear writing. This should do it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you! I really appreciate it. It helps!

posted Hide Post
I feel like such an idiot but where is the thread? I can't find it. thank you.

posted Hide Post
I will be in LA from 1/2-7/04. What is the best way to get a book signed if I am in town?

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to this site and scroll down to "Other Science Fiction Actors(?) It's there
http://www.addresses.site2go.com/scifi.html

Guapodevil

I hope this is not a breach of privacy as it is on the net : )

Posts: 19 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, you're saying that I should look up his address and show up at his front door? That seems awfully intrusive...

There has to be a better way.

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jfaronson:

Ray is probably speaking somewheres...during the Holidays. Once someone get's some info on that, I'm sure it'll post here ...

Also, during the dates you mentioned (January 2nd, - 7th, '04)...of your being in LA, I believe there is a 'new' play of Ray's opening...and he's most certainly attending that...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be outstanding! I'm still open for plans. Do you know when and where?

posted Hide Post
jfaronson:

Well, there isn't much info I could find, but just a line or two mentioning the event. The play is...
"Drunk and in Charge of a Bicycle."

(Doesn't mean there's more somewheres)...but the date of the play is later in January, 2004.

click on, or type into finder, and scroll all the way down:
http://www.theatrewest.org

posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll be in West Hollywood, but too soon...I really like that story, too!

Regardless, I'll keep checking back for more info. Thanks for your help!

posted Hide Post
jfaronson:

Maybe you could go to this on your visit:
http://planetary.org/wam/

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! That looks like so much fun! I used to be a member of the Planetary Society a long time ago...I want to try to go!