Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
is there a sequel to this? I've been told there has been, but I've also been told there isn't. Could someone please tell me the truth?

I am bored. are you bored? how old are you? if u are in your teens I wanna Rp!

Posts: 2 | Location: McAlester,Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no currently-completed sequel, but one is in the works. Perhaps if it comes out around the time of the new movie, the stories could be filmed back-to-back! Be watching for "Remembrance of Books Past," the title of the F451 sequel.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I haven't even had a chance to see the first movie yet.thank yah so much! hehe..I'm in honors english and we read it so I just haaaaaaaaaad to find out if there was another one coming out.

I am bored. are you bored? how old are you? if u are in your teens I wanna Rp!

Posts: 2 | Location: McAlester,Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allright, I'll bite.
Is Mr. Bradbury writing it?
If not, who?
What's the story?
Where did this info come from?

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The premise of the book, how he got the idea for the story, and a description of his first attempts at writing it, appear in one of the essays contained in "Yestermorrow." In that essay he said he attempted it, decided he'd need the help of George Bernard Shaw and several other deceased geniuses, and shoved it in a file. I guess now he's taken it back out and is writing it all by himself.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dandelion.
Could you (or anyone) give me the Reader's Digest version? I don't have "Yestermorrow."
Thanks Again,
Greentown

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suggested by Bernard Berenson, a famous art critic and mutual admirer of Ray's: what would happen to the classics if taken from the solid realm of print and committed to the imperfect form of human memory? How would they sound if remembered all wrong (which is actually the most likely outcome--almost NO ONE has a photographic memory, and even those with good rote memories can forget or get things wrong.) The only thing of which I'm not sure is how the comparison could be made if the original no longer existed. After all, not every reader will be familiar with every classic. But I'm sure Ray will figure out something!

posted Hide Post
Well, here's the thread with my description of "Remembrance of Books Past," but I can't find the thread where it was first posted about, or by who. Anyone want to own up and add anything as to its progress or status?

posted Hide Post
Dandy, have you a copy of "Life of Fiction." I thought I read something about "rough manuscripts" with pages done for both 451 and DW (topics here on many occasions). I will go back and check on this.

The Jonathan R. Eller and William F. Touponce compilation offers a bibliography of his works that goes back to as early as 1939, I believe. The amount of researched titles documented is mind boggling. The unpublished writings and outlined concepts alone would undoubtedly fill volumes. There is a whole section listing everything chronologically, an editor's nightmare!! Anyone else with comments on this recently released RB reference?

Any word on Sam Weller's long awaited official biography? I am sure it will be outstanding.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 12-03-2004).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it (Life of Fiction) is superb! The amount of detail is excellent, and the bibliography is one of the best (that is to say most extensive and most useable) I have seen for any author.

Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I don't have a copy but am ordering one soon.

posted Hide Post
Also, Sam Weller's much-anticipated biography on Ray is scheduled to be released by William Morrow in March, 2005.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Wm Morrow book is showing up on a couple of book vendor's lists, "Bradbury Speaks: Too Soon From the Cave, Too Far From the Stars," showing a release date of August '05. There isn't a synopsis with either listing, and I haven't found any info using the normal searchs. Anyone have any scoop?

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post