Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help
 Login/Join

posted
Many years ago, I helped a friend with a project involving one of Ray Bradbury's stories. By the time we were finished, I pretty well had memorized the story. My problem is, now I can't remember a thing about it, except that it was about a priest and a confession. I'd love to read it again, but I can't seem to remember the title. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about?

Posts: 2 | Location: joplin, mo | Registered: 19 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it be "Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned," from I believe The Toynbee Convector? The story is quite moving, about a man who confesses after many long years to the beating of his beloved dog.

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another priest and confession story is "Have I Got a Chocolate Bar for You".

It's in "Long After Midnight"

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither of these rings a bell right off, but I will look for them. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Location: joplin, mo | Registered: 19 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a bit of a twist, how about Fr. Peregrine and the blue-lighted Martian spirits in "Fire Balloons" (Illustrated Man)?

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post