Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I have an original, signed Ray Bradbury drawing/doodle

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have an original, signed Ray Bradbury drawing/doodle
 Login/Join

posted
I saw him when he was in town back in 2007

http://www.sbcity.org/newsaler...ewsID=392&TargetID=1

Instead of him signing a copy of one of his books, I brought an 8"x10" canvas panel for him to sign and to my delight he drew me a quick doodle and signed it.

Does anyone know the value of something like this? I can't seem to find much on his drawings, mostly signed copies of books. I did find a personalized drawing on eBay going for $2.5k.

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 13 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would you want to sell it? Especially something he was thoughtful enough to draw for you? I have dozens of his first edition hardcovers signed and would never think of selling them! Doesn't it mean something special to you?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Why would you want to sell it? Especially something he was thoughtful enough to draw for you? I have dozens of his first edition hardcovers signed and would never think of selling them! Doesn't it mean something special to you?

Oh it does! I should've noted that I said I wasn't going to sell it Smiler I just wanted to know if there was some sort of monetary value for something like this. I have pictures of him drawing it for me too; probably the coolest thing I own.

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 13 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's good. Maybe an appraiser who appraises things, you should have it valued for insurance purposes.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS & Dandy, yes! The pictures, cards, and books received over the years personally from Mr. B still bring joy and appreciation whenever I peruse them or share during a seminar.

So! Value...? Priceless!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will seek an appraiser for this; never had anything like this before and thought this was unique. Thank you all for your help!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flowery_air:
Oh it does! I should've noted that I said I wasn't going to sell it Smiler I just wanted to know if there was some sort of monetary value for something like this. I have pictures of him drawing it for me too; probably the coolest thing I own.

Oh, ok. That's better. I couldn't say since I've never really sold anything. I'm more a collector and a sentimental type. Since he was also my friend these items mean even more to me.

He drew that particular doodle a lot when he doodled for someone (I've witnessed it on a few occasions). In fact, one of the first letters I received from him way back then had this very creature drawn on the envelope - wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post