Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    studying science fiction/ ray bradbury @ night skool

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

studying science fiction/ ray bradbury @ night skool
 Login/Join

posted
ok, i didnt really understand kaleidoscope or rocket man. what is the authors purpose for each one?

*****~~~~~~@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!<br />!!########$$$$$$$$$%%%%%%<br />^^^^^^^&&&&*******(((((()))))))_<br />++==

Posts: 1 | Location: Beverly Hills California United States | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do you mean you don't understand why you didn't pick up the book and read the story and don't understand the story?

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, they're SHORT stories. Do the reading.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You�ve given no indication that you have read the stories so I assume that you are doing exactly what I might have done in your place and trying to get by without the boring reading. How many things have you read that just stunned you like a brick wall of boredom? But these stories? Ah, if you read these stories I guarantee that at some time in the future you will want to share them with someone you are talking to. They are that good. Good fortune to you, student.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't read the stories you're cheating yourself. Thanks for saying I rock.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think dandelionrocks33 actually read those stories...

...but doesn't get it. And that there is what's happening. I can look at a Monet painting and don't get it. I can have it explained to me...and humm a tune I heard on the radio in my mind until some instructor is finished describing the thoughts behind those paint strokes. There must be a sensitivity to what is true in anything. Sort of the body language of 'what is'. Intuitive stuff. It's not taught. It comes naturally. But so much can block out the natural nowadays. I mean, what is so difficult to understand about therse two stories?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were cut and dry for me in 4th. grade many moons ago when digital watches had a black blank face until you pushed the button and whala, the red time. Calculators cost hundreds, the microwave oven was "spaceage", a few years later, if you were filthy rich enough to even buy/have a mobile phone, you looked like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now nonchalantly ordering a strike of pleasant napalm in the morning...oh I strayed, just read the book, you won't regret it. Beleive us, we used to be cool like you are.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post