Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Ray Bradbury Poetry Collection

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ray Bradbury Poetry Collection
 Login/Join

posted
I just received an e-mail from PS Publishing in the U.K. which stated, among other things, that a new poetry collection by Ray Bradbury, GREENTOWN TO TINSELTOWN (edited by Donn Albright) will be published soon by PS's poetry division, Stanza Press. It does not appear that orders are being taken yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this e mail as well ,will have to keep an eye on this one ,also i ordered "Becoming Ray Bradbury " by Jonathan R. Eller due to be sent out early September.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just read this e-mail as well. The original working title was GREENTOWN REDUX, I believe. Looking forward to this.
Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be much written about Bradbury's poetry. Its richly celebratory, often humorous, and he writes with a nimble gleefulness that I find very personable.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
...there doesn't seem to be much written about Bradbury's poetry...

You're absolutely right: there have been plenty of studies of RB's stories and novels, a few studies of his drama and film/tv work, but virtually nothing on his poetry.

I'm not a poetry person, but there are a couple of Bradbury poems that I think are quite good (and some that I think, frankly, sound like parodies of Bradbury). The poems probably haven't been studied much because RB is outside of the "mainstream" of modern poetry.

But if somebody in poetry-study-land is looking for a topic for an MA or PhD thesis, here's one that's up for grabs.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Linni his novels and short stories get great reviews but as you say not much is written about his poetry,i have the following books of poetry by Ray :-When Elephants Last In The Dooryard Bloomed,Where Robot Mice And Robot Men Run Round In Robot Towns,The Haunted Computer And The Android Pope,I Live By The Invisible,and lastly Death has Lost It`s Charm For Me. Even the titles have a poetic ring to them but i keep looking for any other books of his poetry if anyone knows of any titles other than these i would be very pleased if they could put them up on here .There are some books i have seen:- Twin Hieroglyphs That Swim The River Dust and The Attic Where The Meadows Green, The Love Affair:-2 Poems Published By Lord John Press and hard to come by and some scattered thoughout other publications.

Posts: 26 | Location: Poole Dorset uk | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a sad day yesterday when having just ordered my copy of "Greentown to Tinsletown " i read on Facebook via Terry Pace that Ray Bradbury had passed away,Dr Electrico told him "Live Forever" and he surely will as long as his books of short stories ,novels etc are around .I hope William F Toupance will be able to include a piece in the "New Ray Bradbury Review " due out later this year .R.I.P Ray you will never be forgotten.