Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Drinking with Mr. B.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drinking with Mr. B.
 Login/Join

posted
What is your favorite story about bending
the elbow with Mr. B?
One of mine was from 1976 when I was hanging
out with Mr. B. in 1976 at the San Diego
Comic con.We were in his room with Mr.B,
Harlan Elison.George Clayton Johnson,Mel Blanc,and June Foray watching them doing X
rated rock and bulwinkle routines.It is something I am blessed to the day I die.
Where were video cameras when we needed them.
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None, yet (although I could relate a couple about George!), but I'm working on it.

I've invited myself over to his house for a glass of red once or twice, but so far, he hasn't taken the bait - and I even offered to bring the bottle!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mr Spaulding,
Piease tell Mr J I said hi. I havent talked to him since I saw him in Rays room in 1978.
Also tell him I loved his special windbreaker.
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding
GCJ! Bottle? Wrong bait!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ill take the bait Mr Knox,
The Orange jacket should have clued you In,
It was also very hard to smoke in a sealed building.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Doug Spaulding
GCJ! Bottle? Wrong bait!

You got that right!

Although, he does like his red wine, and an occasional whiskey.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
Also tell him I loved his special windbreaker.

Ah yes - his lovely "schoolbus yellow" emsemble.

I see that back in '03, he favoured a red version:

"Live Forever!"

ImageGCJ_at_ComicCon_2003.jpg (181 Kb, 28 downloads)

posted Hide Post
I never met him.

But I could make up a great story, starring him and I!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
I never met him.

Would you like to?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
But I could make up a great story, starring him and I!

Hey now!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hi Mr Spaulding.Great photo of G.C.J.,thanks.
Wild Gravity,I was blessed to meet Mr. B back
in 1973 before he had handlers .I think it is
hard to imagine how differnt time were back
then.After he talked and signed we would go have a couple of drinks,it was the 70s.

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

You can always tell when George Clayton spends some time with Ray.

ImageRClaytonB.jpg (181 Kb, 28 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No words, I fear.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Mr Spaulding. Great photo of G.C.J., thanks.

Then try out these great pics!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Hi Mr Spaulding. Great photo of G.C.J., thanks.

Then try out these great pics!

On the bottom-most photo the unidentified guy with the tie is William F. Nolan.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post