Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray and 4SJ in miniature?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray and 4SJ in miniature?
 Login/Join

posted
For my stop-motion film, I'm using 1/6-scale action figures (all right, upscale Barbies and G.I. Joes :-) as the basis for my puppets, and have already cast Fritz Leiber in a supporting role, with the blessing of his family and estate.

Would there be any interest in a collectible action figure of Mr. Bradbury? Would he like the idea? If one were made, what age portrait should his headsculpt be?

I believe Mr. Ackerman would have gotten a kick out of a "Mini-4SJ", perhaps sold with various miniature masks and props.

Triad Toys of San Jose has announced a line of "Barsoom" figures, probaboly timed to catch the buzz for Disney/Pixar's "John Carter of Mars":

https://www.triadestore.com/fo...howthread.php?t=1321

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forry did have a small likeness of himself but I don't know who made it or when.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dug Spaulding posted a link to an interview with Joe Moe, in which he mentions the idea of a 4SJ figure:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/in...riend-forry-ackerman

"JM: In the past 10 years, there was a movement and even an on-line petition to try to get Forry his own Sideshow figure. It never happened....

"...Heehee. Imagine being able to set Uncle Forry among the Monster models? The grand old man in his beige 1970's Polyester leisure suit and Dracula cape! C'mon, it's a slam-dunk! Somebody, make it happen. Pretty pleeeeease!? (Hey, Matt...)"

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*gloik*

Doug may have Dug Ray and Forry, but he's aint dug down yet. Oops. My bad. 8-)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groovista:
The grand old man in his beige 1970's Polyester leisure suit and Dracula cape!

...and don't forget the Hawaiian shirt underneath it all.

Dug is a good word. In fact, I rather like it - it's so funereal.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post