Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The New Ray Bradbury Review #2

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Ray Bradbury Review #2
 Login/Join

posted
The New Ray Bradbury Review #2 with a spiffy new cover by Danny Hirejeta (storyboard artist for the Chrysalis film) is now available from Kent State University Press. Those of you who pre-ordered should be receiving it soon.

Prof. Touponce

Posts: 44 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of the cover; contents include the correspondence between Bernard Berenson and Bradbury as well as materials and storyboards of the Roger Lay Jr. film of Chrysalis (as well as Bradbury's own abandoned screenplay).

ImageNRBR2cover.jpg (94 Kb, 22 downloads) NRBR2cover

Posts: 44 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great. I'm off to place an order now.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, I was just thinking about this a week or so ago wondering when #2 was coming out. Thanks for the shout out!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm reading this now and its quite engrossing. The introduction, Art and Aesthetics in the "Age of the Chrysalis" by William F. Touponce, references Bradbury's 1962 article in Life Magazine, "Cry the Cosmos".

If your curious about this article, you can read it here

http://books.google.com/books?...#v=onepage&q&f=false

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do any of these Ray Bradbury Reviews plan to reprint the contents of the original or are its contents available anywhere? Thanks.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The New Ray Bradbury Review is currently not available electronically. The contents of the contributors (by Bradbury and others) are copyrighted and the journal is limited to a print run of 300 copies. We have no plans to reprint any of the articles referenced in the journal.

I will post a list of the contents of NRBR#3, which is devoted to Bradbury's story fragments, on this board in a few weeks.

Bill Touponce,
Editor
The New Ray Bradbury Review

posted Hide Post
Always a welcome addition to the Bradbury canon.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion wrote:
quote:
Do any of these Ray Bradbury Reviews plan to reprint the contents of the original or are its contents available anywhere? Thanks.

I was wondering if this question referred to the 1952 issue (reprinted in 1988 by Graham Press):

http://www.abebooks.com/servle...cs%3Don%26sortby%3D1

Bill Touponce wrote:
quote:
I will post a list of the contents of NRBR#3, which is devoted to Bradbury's story fragments, on this board in a few weeks.

Looking forward to it!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
dandelion wrote:
quote:

I was wondering if this question referred to the 1952 issue (reprinted in 1988 by Graham Press):

http://www.abebooks.com/servle...cs%3Don%26sortby%3D1

Bill Touponce wrote:
quote:

Looking forward to it!

Yes, thanks, it did, and I take it that originals, at prices like those above, are the only available copies?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by dandelion:
quote:
...and I take it that originals, at prices like those above, are the only available copies?

Spotted some at alibris:
http://www.alibris.com/booksea...pe=B&hs.x=10&hs.y=20

A little less, but caveat emptor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll continue keeping a lookout.