Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Having a book signed

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Having a book signed
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everybody!
I am new, I am very excited that I found this forum and of course I have a question!
I would like to somehow contact Mr. Bradbury, to have a book signed. I dont think it is realistic to expect him to come up to Canada in his age and state of health, and I cant afford coming to one of the meetings where he signs, not at this time anyway... Roll Eyes

Any advise how to approach him? Confused
thank you in advance!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two options spring immediately to mind:

1. there are dozens of signed Bradbury books on eBay

2. there are some bookshops where Bradbury signs regularly; they almost certainly will be able to supply you with something.

If you stick around, I would hope jkt (who facilitates many of RB's book signings) will drop by with further advice!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mystery & Imagination, Vagabond Books, and Phantom Books are all good choices.

I know that Ray personally goes to these shoppes and signs. In fact, he was supposed to drop by M & I last night before Frost and Fire and sign twenty quick ones, but got to the theatre late (LA traffic?) and went straight away to the event.

Try them - you'll like them. They're nice folks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoppe is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post