Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mars
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite an article!!
RE: "So if there is evidence for long-lived bodies of standing water, that means the atmosphere must have been much thicker, perhaps filled with puffy clouds, able to support a water cycle that might have included precipitation (rain or snow). This world would have looked, in short, a lot more like our own planet.

“The more the geology looks like Earth, the more likely it seems that some life-form(s) could have developed in the martian waters,” Chan wrote.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ "Night Meeting"
"Who wants to see the Future, who ever does? A man can face the Past, but to think - the pillars crumbled, you say? And the sea empty, and the canals dry, and the maidens dead, and the flowers withered?" The Martian was silent, but then he looked ahead. "But there they are. I see them. Isn't that enough for me? They wait for me now, no matter what you say."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just make sure there's no chicken pox....
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/...gLE&ocid=mailsignout

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, in his own genius way, Mr. B had it right!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars looking better all the time!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...fcL&ocid=mailsignout

Just add a breathable atmosphere and an artificial sun and we're good to go!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post