Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    2014 Audiobook Releases

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Audiobook Releases
 Login/Join

posted
On October 21, AUDIBLE STUDIOS of audible.com is releasing three new recordings of Ray Bradbury books:

Fahrenheit 451 narrated by Tim Robbins

Something Wicked This Way Comes narrated by Christian Rummel

The Martian Chronicles narrated by Mark Boyett

These are for download only, no apparent CD release.

If you have a audible membership the Bradbury story "The Playground" narrated by Jonathan Davis, part of the same group of releases, is available for free download.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see with the permission of the Bradbury Estate audio books with Rays voice computer generated. That would definitely be my preference. How better than to be brought into the adventure. Ray is without a doubt a story teller.

Mark Holt

Posts: 3 | Registered: 14 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tpalmst1, and welcome.

Ray Bradbury himself did record several of his stories, although some are not easily available.

Audible, and other downloadable sites such as Downpour do have the following as read by the author:

Fahrenheit 451

Fantastic Tales of Ray Bradbury

The Martian Chronicles

These are superduper uber wonderful and include Mr. Bradbury's recollections and comments on the origins of each story.

Not so easy to find include:

The Stories of Ray Bradbury

The Small Asassin

The Toynbee Convector

Green Shadows, White Whale

Personally I don't think I'd appreciate as much a computerized voice of Mr. Bradbury. But who knows what the future may spring...a la "G.B.S.-Mark V"? Smiler

I would very much like to hear Ray Bradbury as read by a female talent, such as Kate Mulgrew or Emilia Fox. I believe the "market" is missing the boat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Electric Bradbury and the Android Ray!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Audible's youtube with Tim Robbins about FAHRENHEIT 451:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq4LLtH0LGs