Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Welcome New Moderator!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome New Moderator!
 Login/Join

posted
Please bow to the absolute power of our newest moderator, Philnic!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, a bow, a tip of the hat, and cheers! Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eeker Be afraid, be very afraid... if you are a spammer from New Zealand... Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Eeker Be afraid, be very afraid... if you are a spammer from New Zealand... Big Grin

Is English spam ok then? Wink
Congrats on the new job. I hope the pay's good.

I'm Alive!

Posts: 32 | Location: Cardigan, Wales | Registered: 19 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
English spam, yes. But not Welsh spam!

The pay's dreadful, but we do it for lurv not money.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
English spam, yes. But not Welsh spam!

The pay's dreadful, but we do it for lurv not money.

I'm still a fan of Hormel Spam despite Monty Python.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eek! Too many changes lately in Braling II's life!
So is this one of those "you complain enough and you get the job" things?
Or is it that Dandelion is concentrating on her new novel?
Well, I know Philnic will do a fine job.

Let's bring back the "Panic Room". To the fine malt whisky served there, we will now add Spam; slightly grilled with a sprig of parsley, don't you know.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...served on Jacob's Cream Crackers!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So is this one of those "you complain enough and you get the job" things?
Or is it that Dandelion is concentrating on her new novel?

I'd like to say it's both, and guess what. While poking around in the dark recesses of this site looking for the switch to confer on Phil absolute power, I stumbled upon an area which allows us to add several more forums! So be thinking if we want to dare to enter new territory by starting another heading!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic will make a great moderator, good choice!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...I stumbled upon an area which allows us to add several more forums! So be thinking if we want to dare to enter new territory by starting another heading!

That IS interesting. I can think of any number of new categories we ought to have... but I won't leap in with anything just yet in case my first thought are not by best thoughts. (They rarely are.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Philnic will make a great moderator, good choice!

Thanks for your support, fb!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
While poking around in the dark recesses of this site looking for the switch to confer on Phil absolute power, I stumbled upon an area which allows us to add several more forums! So be thinking if we want to dare to enter new territory by starting another heading!

I think there may be many ideas for new categories, so maybe a new category for suggesting new categories! Wink This one may run well off topic!
But "Ray & Science" would be good.

I'm Alive!

Posts: 32 | Location: Cardigan, Wales | Registered: 19 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion: Thanks for your years of dedicated service on these boards. Your work has kept this alive through some rough times. It is much appreciated!

Phil: Excellent choice. Look forward to seeing you continue to keep the board alive with your dedication and insights.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will still be here, but Phil stepping in frees me up in case I need to concentrate on anything which might detract from constant vigilance here. It is also just a little insurance in case of any setbacks.