Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Writing to Mr. Bradbury?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Writing to Mr. Bradbury?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I know this question has been asked many times, probably countless times, but does anyone know if Mr. Bradbury is currently accepting letters and if so, is there an address at which to write him? (I would presume an agent's address of some kind?)

I just finished listening to the 2001 recording of Fahrenheit 451 today - I received it for Christmas - and between that and reading Dandelion Wine last year, which helped me through a grieving process, I've been realizing just how much I feel like...and this is quite a curious idea, but it's the only way I can put it...how much I feel I need to _thank_ Mr. Bradbury for his writing.

I thought about doing writing a letter to Mr. Bradbury a couple of times about ten years ago, when I was in my late teens, and put it off as being a silly idea. I'm not really even expecting a response back (that'd be awesome, but...it's not the _point_, if you understand me), and I'm not totally sure what I will say. But now the idea has come to me again I realize if I wait another ten years, if I wait until it's too late, I'm going to absolutely regret it.

Hope that doesn't sound too ridiculous to everyone. But I figured that the best place to come and ask would be a Ray Bradbury message board. Thanks in advance if you can indeed point me in the right direction!

Sarah

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Sarah, and welcome to the board. It's certainly not ridiculous, and I expect most of us on here have written similar letters to Mr B in the past.

I understand that he receives hundreds of letters a day. How he ever found time to write any books is beyond me!

Anyway, the best way to write to him (or any author) is via their publisher. In Ray's case it will be care of:

HarperCollins Publishers Inc
10 East 53rd Street
New York
NY 10022
USA

(If you're particularly determined, you can probably find his home address on the web, but we don't publish it on here.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I understand that he receives hundreds of letters a day. How he ever found time to write any books is beyond me!

Last time we spoke of this matter, he told me he gets about thirty-forty letters a day - perhaps that has gone up with his stock in Hollywood these days.

Still, even thirty-five a day would have me busy all day. He's quite an individual.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a remarkable amount of mail! Thanks for the information. I don't think it'd be particularly appropriate for me to write someone I don't know at their home - at an address that isn't typically published - so I'll go with the publisher route. Smiler

Cheers,
Sarah

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarah (may I call you Sarah?), I couldn't echo your sentiments more. Bradbury has this way reaching in and pulling one back from the shadows. I completely appreciate the need to let him know just how much of a difference he's made.

Thanks so much for posting that address. I'm starting my letter right away.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post