Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Blue Flag of John Folk

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Blue Flag of John Folk
 Login/Join

posted
Happy Wednesday...

A very uncommon and difficult to find story by Ray Bradbury (that has remained uncollected to date) appeared in .pdf format on the magical internet recently. Here is a link to "The Blue Flag of John Folk" - originally published in Two Bells magazine, June 1966.

I have been looking for this story for many many years...

Enjoy!!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great find, djmonolith!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've copied this for my RB files. I had never seen this before!
June 1966 ~ Mr. B truly had a sense of things to come and things that should (or could) be instead.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great work, djmonolith! What makes it especially valuable is that it's clearly the original text.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every few months I do a search for my missing short stories (my list is shorter than ever)... sometimes something pops up! The chances of finding this publication were slim and I was resigned to never seeing it.

It is like an early Christmas Present! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Wow, amazing. Finally I can check off that one story!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey dandelion... have you added any new uncommon stories over the past couple years? Want to compare lists?? Wink

posted Hide Post
Besides those in The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury, Volume 1, I picked up "And Watch the Fountains," "Lazarus Come Forth," "Rocket Skin," and "Payment in Full." Presumably these will appear in The Collected Stories of Ray Bradbury, Volume 2, but if not, I have magazine versions.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post