Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Can anyone tell me where this RB quote comes from?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone tell me where this RB quote comes from?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the origins (a book? an interview?) of the following quote I found attributed to RB?

> Why are you here? I'll tell you why you're here. You've been put here because the universe exists. There's no use the universe existing, if there isn't someone there to see it. Your job is to see it. Your job is to witness. To witness, to understand, to comprehend and to celebrate! To celebrate with
your life. At the end of your life, if you don't come to that end and look back and realize that youcelebrated, then you wasted it. <

I love it and have been using it in my signature line, but I need to find out where it came from for when people ask me about it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

~Lynn in Oregon

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to this webpage, it was from a commencement speech to the Caltech Class of 2000.

(Found it using Google.)

I'd bet that Ray has used very similar material in print somewhere, but I'll leave that for others to locate!

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 01-04-2005).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post