Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Production of Ray Bradbury's Kaleidoscope

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Production of Ray Bradbury's Kaleidoscope
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, Does anyone know more about this?

http://www.raybradburyskaleidoscope.com/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's news to me!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just looked at the press kit, and see that this is a 17 minute film shot in HD video.

I hope the filmmakers have greater attention to detail in the film than they do in the press kit. There, the tag line of the film begins thus:

"We were hurdling through space [...]"

Some new Olympic sport? Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its the kind of mistake I would make.

Looks fantastic. Hope to see it somehow or other.

Mnemonic: When he hurdled her girdle, she hurtled his turtle.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I'm the director of the short film version of Ray's Kaleidoscope. It was an unfortunate typo on the web page and in the press kit, but has since been corrected.

Excited to say that the film is now an Official Selection at the New Media Film Festival in Los Angeles as well as the Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, Kentucky! Other festivals are lining up as the response to the film has been incredible.

The visual FX have been produced at the photo-real level with the help of artists from Disney, Digital Domain, The Lightworks and Dreamworks.

Ray most of all loved the film when we screened the final version for him at his house in January this year.

Please check back at the official website for updates for festivals and other news!

http://raybradburyskaleidoscope.com/

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 10 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi etozzi, and welcome. Thanks for giving us an update (and for correcting the typo!)

I look forward to seeing the film at some point.

- Phil