Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Do not miss Fahrenheit 451 on stage
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do not miss Fahrenheit 451 on stage
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
If you are worried that they are listening to phone calls to see if someone wants the bomb dropped off at their apartment so they can blow up the white house, forget it!

I'm not worried about it, I just think the government is greatly over-stepping its bounds - in many ways.

Vote Ron Paul!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carcosa:
Just a note on a post by Douglas Spaulding-

It was apparent to me that the play was CLEARLY not about government censorship; really more our own ambivelence as a society.

....not to mention this quote from the play's program book..."Regardless what you remember from the Cliff Notes, F451 is not about censorship"

Thats pretty straightforward.

I know what the novel's about - I was just commenting on the quote by the writer of the review.

Ray has made it quite clear that the book is not about censorship!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

Phil~ Turned to streets in Chicago, and notice some gas-stations at $3.85 a gallon for gas. That's pretty recent. Couple years ago one of those 'radar' looking vans pulled up next to me at a stoplight. Didn't know what it was then. THAT was a Google mapping vehicle.

Hope to meet you when you are here in Southern California soon.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This technology is scary. I mean, you can practically look inside the windows of people's houses. What next? Looking inside the windows of people's houses? I suspect lots of this kind of free-wheeling information will be regrettable in the near future by the very overload of privacy thrown out the window.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Turned to streets in Chicago, and notice some gas-stations at $3.85 a gallon for gas. That's pretty recent.

Sure, the images are recent, because they only started taking these images a year or two ago. But I doubt that they will be updating them too often. Hence my comments about being "immortalised" by these images. Yes, they might catch you doing something you'd rather not be seen doing, or they might reveal what's in your house. But they might also catch you on a bad hair day - oh the shame, the shame!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Carcosa:
Just a note on a post by Douglas Spaulding-

It was apparent to me that the play was CLEARLY not about government censorship; really more our own ambivelence as a society.

....not to mention this quote from the play's program book..."Regardless what you remember from the Cliff Notes, F451 is not about censorship"

Thats pretty straightforward.

I know what the novel's about - I was just commenting on the quote by the writer of the review.

Ray has made it quite clear that the book is not about censorship!

Oh....well....nevermind Razzer

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Video.

Be sure to click on "watch in high quality".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Video.

C.Y. Lee, author of Summer Drum Song, at the theatre but off camera, was a member of the same writing group as Ray...fifty or sixty years ago.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit 451 Extended Again!!!!!

Ray Bradbury’s Science Fiction Classic Fahrenheit 451

Now running through June 29!!

Fremont Centre Theatre

1000 Fremont Ave. (at El Centro)

South Pasadena, CA 91030

Performances: Thursday through Saturday at 8 pm – Sunday at 3 pm

Closing Night: Saturday, June 29, 2008 at 8 pm

Admission: $20. Seniors: $15. Students: $10.

Reservations and Information: 323-960-4451

Online Ticketing: www.Plays411.com/raybradbury

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Video from Saturday night's performance.

Notice the mention of the screenplay Dandelion Wine. When I rang him last Monday, he said he was writing the screenplay all week, and Saturday he said that he just finished it on Friday. So there you go.

As always, click on "watch in high quality".

"Live Forever!"