Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Dial Double Zero"?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Dial Double Zero"?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Shelma9... I found it! I also remember seeing a film that was narrated by Mr. Bradbury when I was in grade-school. You are correct. The name of the story was "Dial Double Zero" and it appeared in this documentary. Check the following link for more information: http://www.americanfilmfoundation.com/order/ray_bradbury.shtml

Posts: 2 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fear, Shelma9 is l-o-n-g gone!

Nard, a bit like "The Town Where Nobody Got Off?" or "Where is Everybody" or "The Long Years" or maybe "Field of Dreams" or ....

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shelma only posted 2 (count 'em) 2 posts! Many moons ago.

fjpalumbo:
Ah, we still haven't figured a good use for this website.
Next week (Oct 27th) I'm off to Los Angeles... I thought it would be a blast to 'trick-or-treat' at Ray's house on Oct 31 eve. See if he opens the door. Otherwise, I will be stopping in as a reasonable visitor to see how he is doing. I hear he has two live-in care-givers. Donn Albright, Ray's 'golden retriever' as he has called him in a front-of-the-book dedication, is there as I write this. Donn lives way on the East coast.
Donn was responsible for getting a lot of the project, 'The Cat's Pajamas' book completed and published.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-20-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn, I'm envious--we'll all be waiting to hear how Ray is, Nard. Enjoy!

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
If all goes well, I will have a special package at Mr. B's door around the "All Hallow's" date. Per chance it will be unwrapped by then. You have motivated me to get off my duff!

Have a safe trip and extend warmest regards to our dear friend and timeless storyteller.
fp

This site is like being home for the holidays.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also came across this board after doing a search for dial and bradbury. I saw a film on TV in the mid sixties, which for all these years I thought was called "DIAL 000".
In it a man kept getting these wierd phone calls and he finally traced to a box on a telephone pole and when he climbed up onto the pole and opened the box, there was something in the box and a bright flash. At least this is how I remember it.
I later came across some reference to it being a bradbury story although I can't remeber where. So I've been trying to trace this film for years and this thread is the first positive thing I came across. This film and The Twonky I had just about came to the conclusion that maybe I dreamed it up in my sleep.

Posts: 1 | Location: New Carlisle, OH 45344 | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the old Ray Bradbury board. You'll find plenty of links here to the new one, complete with an update of this discussion which tells where to obtain this film.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion: Isn't you supposed to be sleeping at this hour you been posting?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certainly, but it's not the only time it's happened.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Weller:
Seems to me there is some confusion. According to Ray, as well as the book, A Critical History of Television�s The Twilight Zone, 1959-1964, "Where is Everybody?" bore an uncanny resemblance to Ray's story "the Silent Towns" from THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES. "Here There Be Tygers" was a completely different story that Ray submitted as an adapted teleplay that Serling's Production Compnay passed on persumably because of the production expenses necessary with all the special effects required by the story.

On the Absolute Write Water Cooler Forum (a must-join for aspiring writers!) when a very old thread reappears, they say, "Zombie thread alert!"

Creating this Zombie to say, Avatar. There is your "Here There Be Tygers" ripoff. It also owes a lot to "And the Moon Be Still As Bright," and even more to other stories not by Bradbury, so much so that it deserves its own thread, which can be found here: https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...91083901/m/955103003

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post