Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Favorite Ray Bradbury Quote
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Ray Bradbury Quote
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Golm,

The actual comment from Ray (which does make more sense)is "I don't do windows."

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When a man talks from his heart, in his moment of truth, he speaks poetry" from Zen and the Art of Writing.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 13 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Ray Bradbury quote?

“…someone cleared his throat.” Oops. Sorry! Not that one.

I guess it would have to be, “It was a day as perfect as the flame of a candle.”
--Dandelion Wine

Or

“Cora, feeling like a young girl in a wrinkled old dress…”
--The Great Wide World Over There

Or …Oh, nuts!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My book is in my classroom, but my favorite quote is from "Frost and Fire" right before that whole David & Goliath scene between Sim and Nohj when Sim yells up at the cliffs. It's something like:

No? Then I have misjudged you! I will stand here until the sun shucks the flesh off my back and call you the filthy names you deserve!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite is his old standby, "I don't try to predict the future, I try to prevent it..."

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ignore people who don't believe in your dreams." In a letter he wrote to me a long time ago.

"We burn them to ashes and then burn the ashes That's our official motto."

Posts: 54 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post