Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Rondo Award Nomination for MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT Magazine Piece on Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rondo Award Nomination for MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT Magazine Piece on Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Welcome news on the Bradbury front: The in-depth, interview-based article I wrote on Ray for the outstanding genre journal MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT ("Ray Bradbury's Earliest Influences," published in issue No. 30) has been nominated for the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Award for Best Article of 2012 by the Classic Horror Film Board.

The nomination reads, "In a career-spanning remembrance, the storyteller tells how early fantasy films, and especially Lon Chaney, inspired his craft."

Congratulations to all our fine friends and colleagues who received nominations. Anyone can vote, so I would appreciate your support.

Here's a link to the Rondo web site, which includes the ballot and complete voting instructions:
http://www.rondoaward.com/rondo/rondos.html

The first page of the article is attached below.

I'm thrilled and honored by the nomination -- in sweet, loving memory of the master!

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"I have never listened to anyone who criticized my interest in space travel, gorillas and sideshows. When this happens, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room." -- Ray Bradbury (1920-2012)

ImageRay_Bradbury's_Earliest_Influences.jpg (89 Kb, 5 downloads)

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prof. Pace! Congratulations are indeed in order!! I am quite sure Mr. B is smiling upon you still!

When time allows, I would like to share with you an interesting incite that dawned upon me the other night while re-reading your moving and loving memories of Mr. Bradbury in the eulogy you offered last June. Having taught his life's works for many years, the "Spirit of Things Bradbury" never ceases to amaze me! (Would a note to you via your e-messages be appropriate?)
f

"Heads-up" Board members!! Get on and vote!! I just did...so it must be easy!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have a copy of MFTV yet, but much enjoyed Prof. Pace's contribution to the Bradbury Tribute issue (no.265) of FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND. Also, looking forward to his book Water Into Wine: Ray Bradbury's World of Wonder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sincere congratulations, Terry.

Love and Peace,

Steve

Posts: 47 | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My deepest thanks, friends -- and warmest, heartiest congratulations to you, too, Steve!

Today (Sunday, April 7) is the final day to vote in the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards.

Don't forget that Bradbury brothers TERRY PACE and STEVE VERTLIEB are BOTH nominated for Best Article of 2012 -- and since the ballot allows you to vote for TWO articles, you can spread the love and vote for both Bradbury pieces!

Here's the link to the Rondo website, which includes the complete ballot as well as user-friendly voting instructions. Voting is by e-mail only, ballots are due by midnight tonight and you do NOT have to vote in every category:
http://www.rondoaward.com/rondo/rondos.html

For those of you who have not read my article ("Ray Bradbury's Earliest Influences"), from Issue 30 of MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT, her's a PDF of the first two pages, submitted for your consideration:
http://www.monstersfromthevault.com/RayBradbury.pdf

Thanks again -- and yes, fjp451, just send me an e-mail. I'd love to hear from you!

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

P.S. Linnl, I am so honored that my piece in MONSTERS FROM THE VAULT (my favorite genre journal) was honored by the Rondos, but I was astonished that the entire FAMOUS MONSTERS tribute did not receive a nomination. Thanks so much for your kind comments!

"I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, gorillas or sideshows. When this happens, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room." -- Ray Bradbury (1920-2012)

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post