Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Fathers Pride
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Fathers Pride
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 35 | Location: Fort Worth,Texas,USA | Registered: 13 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who are interested in Laika and other dogs, vist: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/dogs/

Some came to a happy end! But some didn't. 10 seconds of silence to those brave four-legged space explorers.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She spit up on my bare chest early this morning and all I could think was, "Oh, how cute."

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes but who changes her?...the most?

Posts: 35 | Location: Fort Worth,Texas,USA | Registered: 13 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Indeed, a beautiful name and a fine tribute.

We're expecting at the end of May, if you have any advice, do share!

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sam Weller and congratulations to you and your family.

Advice for during labor: Maintain a lot of eye contact with your wife, let her know how awesome she is doing, how beautiful she is, how much she is glowing, that she is your hero. Touch her gently, cool her by blowing gently on her forehead. Never let her see you look worried, hurt or concerned. Always be there with a smile for her. A smile that lets her know everything is okay and that you Love her.

Advice for after the baby is born: You don't have to follow anyone's advice if you don't like it. Follow your hearts along your own path as a family. Its your race so don't let anyone else tell you how to run it.
Have fun!

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jajboeg,
Believe it or not, I do. My wife had a C-section so I have been taking care of the both of them. She didn't change a diaper until Zoe was about a week and a half old. We are both up for every feeding at night time and do our respective jobs. She feed, I burp and change clothes and diapers. I have been up several nights from about 3 to 5 in the morning dancing with my daughter to the Beatles whil my wife got some well deserved rest. We are a family and we treat each other as such.
Baby and Mom are doing quite well and my wife is on her feet now and bouncing back like the hero she is. She had her first day alone with Zoe Laika when I went back to work yesterday, which was like cutting my own heart out. I cried about it several times beginning Sunday night. I didn't want to be away from my little girl and wife. Better now, I guess we all fight through our stuff and handle it in our own way.
Thanks again, everyone for you support and interest. If I get annoying, let me know.
Greentown

Andy

posted Hide Post
Congratulations for your baby Greentown, I hope everything goes alright with you all!

Posts: 20 | Location: Caldas da Rainha, Portugal | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I think I saw the ISS twice.

Friday night saw a friend's new baby (born on Leap Day!) for the first time. Guess what they named her. Genevieve Fiona! I will never forget this due to "The Silent Towns" in MC.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi will this work

posted Hide Post
Muahahhahahaha,
I'm back Professor Greentown!...Yes a short visit to my home Planet 'Iborg' and you thought you trapped me. Jajboeg's ghost lost in the MACHINE...I think not!!! hah HA!! I've returned!!
Yea some major computer glitch... I returned home from Las Cruces to my computer in Fort Worth and I couldn't access this site!! I couldn't e-mail staff or register as a new member. I thought I'd never get back on

posted Hide Post
back to the subject of Zoe. You really SHOULD read Bradbury to your daughter a lot, it will stick in her mind. Similar experience. my dad jis a HUGE beatles and bob dylan fan so he always listened to those guys when i was tiny. later, i absolutely loved them from hearing them so much. i knew each song by heart and i didnt even know their titles.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way ahead of you - with Mr. Bradbury and the Beatles and Dylan.

Andy