Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Discussing =The Tombling Day=
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discussing =The Tombling Day=
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
He respects it. He told me he has a lot of respect for scholars who study and analyze his writings. He said, I write them, and they understand more about what I'm writing than I do. I imagine if a scholar were to get him completely wrong, he'd have no difficulty pointing it out!

That's it! Bradbury writes and then come the interpreters to distinguish the meanings behind the prose. Of course!!
Bradbury writes unawares to much he writes, vomiting passages in the morning, cleaning up at night with a measure of rationale.

The interpreters explain the intrinsic dialogues of writer and that inspiration behind his wisdom or folly.

But I know it isn't as easy as it may sound... accepting the interpreters report.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's it. I think critical writing and creative writing are two different acts. I find both of them important and interesting. In talking with Ray I got the impression he is flattered that people find enough significance in what he writes to analyze it!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post