Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Unknown short story title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unknown short story title
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I've been trying to remember the title of a short story, I believe was writen by Bradbury, I haven't the slightest clue of what it could be. The general outline of the story: there is a house that is totally automated with robots running around cleaning, cooking, and general upkeep of the house but there is no one there, also there is a shadow of people on the outside of the house left from a nuclear blast and the house burning down. If anyone knows the title and book it's in please post it. Thanks.

David

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There Will Come Soft Rains" appears in "The Martian Chronicles," "The Vintage Bradbury," and "The Stories of Ray Bradbury."

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read it in 10th grade english. Amazing story. I love the creepy feeling it gives you when you think about you being gone and the machines continuing on with their daily routines until the powersource dies...wonderful!

Posts: 10 | Location: edgewater park, NJ, USA | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what a coincidence! i've also read it in 10th grade

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be there to join Ray Bradbury as he receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 11:30 am on Monday, April 1. (This is no April Fool's joke.)
Ray's star will be in front of Larry Edmunds Bookshop, 6644 Hollywood Boulevard, in Hollywood, Califonia.

Ray is being honored in Los Angeles in April as the city is reading "Fahrenhiet 451" in its first citywide reading program.

Ray will be there, as will Charlton Heston.

Check out www.lapl.org/F451

Posts: 7 | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know those lit books, everyone gets the same eight hundred pound book filled with stories, some great some not so great. My seventh grade lit book had "All in a Summer Day" in it.

Posts: 10 | Location: edgewater park, NJ, USA | Registered: 31 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post