Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dust witches and fortune tellers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dust witches and fortune tellers
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Guess what, I immediately saw Tom in him. Oh and I wish to replace my earlier assertment. I wish for Jack Klugman to be Mr. Jonas instead of Carradine. See that the board gets that directive by Fri. Ms. Wine.

please...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering that Mr. Montgomery was acting by the age of 9, I have no objections to using him at age 10 for Tom and 12 for Douglas--very lookalike brothers! If we are allowed to bring people back from the dead certainly we are allowed a little cloning.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ellen Corby and Will Geer would be great as Grandma and Grandpa but I’m going to choose someone else.

Douglas……………………Bobby Driscol (aka Jim Hawkins)
Grandma…………………..Beulah Bondi
Grandpa……………………Richard Farnsworth
Colonel Freeleigh………….Paul Newman
Leo Auffmann……………..Joe Conley (aka Ike Godsey)
Miss. Fern………………….Helen Kleeb (aka Mamie Baldwin)
Miss. Roberta………………Mary Jackson (aka Emily Baldwin)

Oh, and “Fahrenheit 451” was miscast. Anthony Perkins as Montag, Audry Hepburn as Clarisse and E.G. Marshal as The Captain.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, that's more like it!!!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo!!!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel so inept! Other than Newman, Hopkins, Hepburn, Farnsworth and Marshall (is he still alive?)I do not know the others. But I will survive.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane, don't feel inept. I'm pretty much in the same boat, and I'm brilliant. (At least, my mom thought so.)
Anyway, as for Douglas, remember Kevin Corcoran?
http://www.classicmoviekids.com/corcorankevin.htm

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Conley, Helen Kleeb, and Mary Jackson were regular cast members on the series The Waltons. Conley played the general store owner Ike Godsey, while Kleeb and Jackson played the spinster Baldwin Sisters, who cherished their late father's medicinal "recipe", which was really bootleg hootch.

Bobby Driscoll was a child actor who starred in the Disney movies Song of the South, So Dear to My Heart, and Treasure Island. He was also the voice of Peter Pan in the Disney animated feature. He died in 1968.

Yes, E.G. Marshall is also dead, as are Anthony Perkins and Audrey Hepburn. But this is fantasy casting, right?

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although Kevin Corcoran was most known for playing cute younger brothers (notably to Tommy Kirk), so I can picture him more as Tom, he was also a fine dramatic actor. Anyone who caught him in "Wagon Train," a 1963 episode titled "The Cassie Vance Story," should be able to picture him as Douglas.

He has remained in the business although mostly in various jobs behind the camera.

Cori

posted Hide Post
We need the Mother and Father, and a quiji(?)board will help. I heard Hugh Beaumont's name being tossed around the other day, and I hear he is currently out of work up there, how bout him for the Dad?

posted Hide Post
"...He has remained in the business although mostly in various jobs behind the camera."

Yup, happened to Opie too.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps not as celebrated as Opie but we can't all and most of us don't.

posted Hide Post
Something to look forward to this summer: the 30th anniversary of my first reading of "Dandelion Wine" is coming up on June 9, so I'll have to make sure to finish reading it again on that date this year.

posted Hide Post
Dandelion: could you please PM me and tell me how to PM? I have questions for you that don't need to be on the board. ThanX!

Posts: 52 | Location: LA,CA | Registered: 07 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not the slightest clue. I tried going to your profile and adding you to my buddies list, and going to my profile and seeing how I could send a personal message. All I can find is that yes, I can do it. HOW, it gives me not the least hint nor notion.