Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Grew Up in Waukegan-Youtube Video

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grew Up in Waukegan-Youtube Video
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings! I love our mutual hometown, Green Town or Waukegan. Having a famous writer from our blue collar hometown has been an inspiration to me and I believe to all hometown residents.

This video was created to help me think about how Ray's childhood influenced his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDtZEuQRzhs

Please come visit Waukegan, 36 miles north of Chicago. We love visitors!

Ruth Ann

Posts: 10 | Registered: 28 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ruth Ann. If you're not already aware of it, The Ray Bradbury Waukegan Carnegie Library, Inc., an Illinois not-for-profit corporation based in Waukegan, was formed last year to renovate, adaptively re-use and operate the Waukegan Carnegie Library as The Bradbury Carnegie Center, a unique experience center and museum program to honor Mr. Bradbury's legacy and imagination.

We're pleased that a certain Phil Nichols, who coincidently is associated with this listserv, is one of the members of our Advisory Council.

More information about the RBWCL, how to reach us, and ways to support this project is available on our website: www.bradburycarnegie.org.

Best, Ken Engel

Posts: 25 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 29 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link and the comments too! I will check the link.

posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your contributions.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings! Thank you. This is my first listserve and I find this glorious.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Engel:
...We're pleased that a certain Phil Nichols, who coincidently is associated with this listserv, is one of the members of our Advisory Council. ...

And a certain Phil Nichols is delighted to serve on the Advisory Council!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post