Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    need help, please!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need help, please!!!
 Login/Join

posted
hey, my english class is currently reading Fahrenheit 451, which i must say is an excellent book. an interesting thing we did was that we compared this story to nazi Germany. since the story was written in the time frame of the war, there were some obvious and not so obvious similarities. ANYWAYS, im getting off topic, but we were told that we could get credit if we contacted Mr. Bradbury and got a reply from him. does anyone know where this is possible, and how i could do it? thanks so much!!!!!!

-Nat-

Posts: 2 | Location: des moines, iowa, usa | Registered: 05 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those of us who have his home contact information don't give it out. You can contact him through his publishers. People (fans, anyway) have apparently had less luck contacting him through his agent.

I love assignments on Bradbury, but am not a real fan of this one. He is a busy guy. Seems like a goofy way to tie up his time.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThreadsOfReason:
we compared this story to nazi Germany. since the story was written in the time frame of the war...

WWII: 1939-45
F451: 1953

Discuss.

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in the time frame around the war i meant and shoudld have said. thats why were discussing the similarities, because its obvious that what was going on kind of...became part of the book, with beatty as a hitler figure, the firemen as nazis, the books as jews. etc.... (to philnic)

Posts: 2 | Location: des moines, iowa, usa | Registered: 05 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, ThreadsOfReason, you have some good points when you put it that way!

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post