Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Doll

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Doll
 Login/Join

posted
In searching the Etsy crafts website, I came across...what else...a Ray Bradbury doll. This was not some mass produced item, but was hand-made and individually crafted. It's a whopping four and one-half inches tall; made from wood, clay, paint and fiber; and holds a tiny copy of FAHRENHEIT 451. In the description, it was called a "book geek collectable", and I proudly consider myself a "book geek". The item made me smile, and I knew I had to have it!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8...=nla_listing_details

Posts: 2443 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking more about the above-mentioned Ray Bradbury doll brought to mind something I gave to Ray back in the late 1990's. I found a vampire teddy bear in a store selling Halloween-related items, and bought one to give to Ray. However, while I knew Ray loved toys, I honestly wasn't sure how he would feel about a teddy bear, even if it had vampire fangs! Therefore, when I next saw Ray, I gave him the teddy bear and added, "Maybe it's something one of your grandchildren might enjoy." He looked at the bear and laughed. He then smiled and said, "Well, I have several grandchildren but there's only one bear. I think I'll just keep it." I couldn't have been happier!

posted Hide Post
The link below will take you to a photo of the vampire teddy bear I gave to Ray many years ago. (OK, I admit it...I bought two of them, and kept one for myself!)

ImageIMG_0419.jpg (25 Kb, 64 downloads)

posted Hide Post
I love it! Thank you for sharing

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post