Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Theater Series on DVD
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Theater Series on DVD
 Login/Join

posted
I read on Tvshowsondvd.com where the Ray Bradbury Theater may be coming to DVD. Does anyone have any information about this uncoming release.
Thanks,

Posts: 4 | Location: Tulsa, OK USA | Registered: 08 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, all 65 episodes of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER are now available in a boxed set containing five DVD's. Several such boxed sets are currently being sold on eBay.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than on Ebay, where can these boxed sets be found? I, and many others, to be sure, would be interested in this information.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked on Amazon.com, and found only two individual DVD's of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER (Volume 1 and Volume 2) available. The boxed set of five DVD's containing all of the episodes was not. I suggest you check in a local store that specializes in video/DVD sales. If the boxed set is not in stock, they may well be able to order it for you.

posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ray yesterday and he said that there is a set of all 65 Ray Bradbury presentations available. He made the point that you have to buy all of them as a set. He was having difficulty with his hearing aid and I didn't wish to keep him long. He seemed happy that I was interested in the DVD set.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to more information about the boxed set of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2193

posted Hide Post
Thank you Richard for the information. I had heard that some that were on DVD were compressed so much that it affected the quality of the production. Hopefully, this company can do a better job of presenting the 65 segments.

posted Hide Post
apeery52. the Ray Bradbury Theater is out on DVD. All 13 episodes. Bought it at Best Buy for 6.00 in October.

Posts: 6 | Location: FL | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1. The 13 episode disc I just bought has been enhanced and is good tofine quality. If the company treats the other disc the same they should look good. This was released in 2004 by Alliance Atlantis.

Posts: 6 | Location: FL | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started the other post about RB's T.

I was pleasantly surprised to find it on my recent holiday to Chicago! There was absolutely no warning from any camp that it existed...and after we had just been talking about it here, it was quite a find!

I found mine at Best Buy for US$24. That's Five discs, all 65 episodes.

I did see a Volume One, which was US$7 I believe. Haven't looked at ebay yet, but no one should be paying more than those prices for these DVDs.

Amazon also only lists volume 1 and 2 and 'Martian Chronicles', which I can only assume are the MC episodes of RB's T.

As for a review of the discs... 13 half hour episodes on five discs... wow. How did they do it? I know how! They skimped on transfer quality.

The quality as absolutely abyssmal. It's really unfortunate too because this is such an excellent program. So excellent, in fact, that I was able to overlook the low quality (like viweing through cheesecloth), and enjoy the programs for the production brilliance that they are.

I'm nearly through disc one, and they've all mostly held up against the test of time. Nothing that seems overtly silly and outdated save for a a hairstyle or a particularly tight pair of jeans!

Final evaluation: If this is all they have to offer at the moment, I say buy it. After all, even with the shoddy quality, you can hardly go wrong with paying 24 bucks for what is arguably the best anthology series this side of the Twilight Zone.

Enjoy, all!

Brian

Posts: 11 | Location: Dublin | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also bought the boxed set of THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER, and I'm having a great deal of fun viewing episodes I have not seen in many years. However, I found the picture quality to be more than satisfactory. I agree, the picture quality is not up to the level of remastered films, or DVD releases of current films. However, I certainly do not think the quality is "shoddy" and "abyssmal."

posted Hide Post
I, too, just this evening found the 5 CD boxed set of the 65 shows produced by Alliance Alantis. I have only checked out one of the CDs so far, but have been very impressed with the visual quality. My wife agreed that it was very good. The boxed set was $23.99 plus tax.

This makes my day to have the whole series of 65 shows. I have several that were part of a VHS series with four or five segments on it. But, alas, they languish in a box in the basement of my sister-in-law in Minnesota.

This boxed set I would recommend to anyone interested in having a set and I thought they were reasonably priced.

posted Hide Post
I have also found the box set on of all places "Deepdiscountdvd.com" for 23.94. For anyone wanting to go this route type in
"www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PLT023289", shipping if free. I also got "The Martian Chronicles" thru them.
Good luck.

posted Hide Post
My copy pixelates on occasion. Normally when the screen goes mostly black.

Of course the episodes are so good that this can be overlooked--they are quite watchable.

Remember, I never said they were so bad they were unwatchable. Though I do feel that there's PLENTY of room for improvement.

The front of the box states 'Digitally mastered' or something like that. Does this translate to 'we improved the quality' or 'we put this on DVD, a digital medium!' ?

brian

[This message has been edited by bjs435 (edited 11-27-2004).]

Posts: 11 | Location: Dublin | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post