Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Sightings of New Writings by RAY

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sightings of New Writings by RAY
 Login/Join

posted
Try to keep this post going for awhile by adding any new writings by Ray Bradbury that anyone happens to come across in newspapers, magazines, etc. etc.

So I'll start with THIS one.

"The Strand Magazine"
Issue XI,
The Expanded Holiday Issue 2003

Published quarterly and available in various bookstores worldwide.
Address: PO Box 1418,
Birmingham, Michigan 48012

This issue contains a New Mystery by Ray Bradbury entitled, 'SIXTY-SIX'.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Nard, to help keep this thread alive here's a direct link to an extract from that very story:

http://www.strandmag.com/bradbury.htm

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 02-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 02-01-2004).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray has a great article on Mars in the current issue of Playboy. It is titled "Destination Mars."

I believe he just sold an article last week to the Wall Street Journal that ponders a sequel of sorts to Fahrenheit 451. It is an essay based on a concept presented to Ray back in the late 1950s by Bernard Berenson. Not sure when this is going to run, however.

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Weller:
Thanks, Sam for this info.

If you happen to have a biography of Bernard Berenson, titled simply, "Bernard Berenson, The Making of a Legend" (published by 'Belknap Press' of Harvard University Press, 1987)... there is a great section to be found on pages 553-554... where Bernard Berenson describes his first meeting with Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out "Magic Ray" section of current Rosebud Magazine:
http://www.rsbd.net/Current%20Issue.htm

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I read the piece by Bradbury on Berenson in "Yestermorrow," but didn't realize Berenson wrote one on Bradbury. In Bradbury's piece, he wrote that it would take three geniuses to write this sequel. Glad to see he's decided to take a crack at it.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for the links.

And, dandelion, is Yestermorrow any good? I don't often hear of it.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,
Could this posting about new writings be linked up with "What's next? More books, please"? Thanks.

posted Hide Post
It's not strictly necessary that these all be under one thread, as they're not exactly duplicates. Yestermorrow is a book of nonfiction essays. I thought it was pretty good.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,
I know that they're not duplicates in the two threads, I just have an exteme interest in anything new by RB.

posted Hide Post
Well, the long-awaitind sequel to "Dandelion Wine", "Farewell Summer" will be out in October. And, while at his home Monday, he showed me an advanced copy of the reissue of "D Wine", which will be out next year, I think he said. Beautiful cover - the same as this one (http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/0/9780380977260.jpg) ,only full size.

Posts: 7 | Location: Oxnard, CA, USA | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings gentlebeings. The current issue of The Strand Magazine [Oct-Jan] features the Ray Bradbury story "The Visit", with an illustration by Michael Carroll.
There are also two ads for Bradbury related books. Next to the short story, one by Cemetary Dance Publications about the book A CHAPBOOK FOR BURNT-OUT PRIESTS,RABBIS AND MINISTERS. On the inside backcover a full page ad from Kent State University Press RAY BRADBURY: A Life of Fiction by Jonathan R. Eller & William F. Touponce and the newly released THE NEW RAY BRADBURY REVEIW edited by William F. Touponce.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gentlebeings is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post