Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Wilderness of the Mind: The Art of Joseph Mugnaini
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilderness of the Mind: The Art of Joseph Mugnaini
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
...dancing...as fast...as...I...can... Smiler

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lily:
I'm THRILLED by this! (Sorry for crashing in, this is my first post)

If you're gonna crash, this is a good place to crash!

I may just do! ;D

Posts: 5 | Location: Where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay.... | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
...dancing...as fast...as...I...can... Smiler

--
jJ

joy joy joy!

Posts: 5 | Location: Where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay.... | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JetJagger, there's a possibility of new Mugnaini art finds for your "Wilderness of the Mind" book/web site.

-Alan

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pardon my posting as a reply here, but did not know how to get ahold of you Jetjagger.

Hello Jet Jagger
I just received an answer to the question below that I posted about Ray and Joe Mugnaini. Phil said you might be interested. Can I contact you via email so I can attach a picture of the lithograph? I tried on the forum but picture is too large. (?)

As I said in the forum post, I babysat for his daughter in the 50’s when they lived in Altadena on Canyon Crest. I am embarrassed to say I can’t remember if her name was Diane or Deana or – its been a long time - we exchanged emails about 10 – 15 years ago then lost my email program and her address.

My post below says Joe gave it to me, actually Joe handed the Lithograph to my mother and she gave it to me. She knew I loved his work and about the night I had a horrible scary experience in his studio while babysitting. (haha well I thought it was horrible at the time)

Frankly this is the hardest of my possessions I will have to part with, but I have hit on hard times trying to keep up with my mortgage. So I need to know its worth and who would be interested

I knew a close friend of his. The Artist Joseph Mugnaini, and from what I understand the only
artist Mr. Bradbury would use. I babysit for Mugnaini’s daughter in the 50’s

Mr. Mugnaini gave me a Lithograph that I would like to see if Mr. Bradbury would be interested in. I’m in my 70’s and need to know those things I own go to those who would truly take care of them.

The Lithograph is called “Man and Old Age” signed by Joseph in 1958. It is magnificent; the look on old age face while youth is fighting him just cannot be captured as he could do it.

I also have a Christmas card he made for our family I am still looking for.

Thank you anyone that can help! I can be reached on my page on FB . And will give my email once I can connect with Ray. Thanks Again.
Dahl Kaiser kaiser.dahl@gmail.com

Posts: 3 | Location: US | Registered: 27 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
We hope to have the book ready for the printer within the next few months. It will see publication this year.

--
jJ

Anyone know what's going on with this?

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if anyone had any info on this project. The website remains unchanged from 2009. Like many of us here, I'd love to get my hands on this book when (and if) it finally comes out.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a mystery to me, I'm afraid.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, davidafshar. Wilderness is still on the way; no one feels the delays more than I, but life has been rather, well, lifey. Smiler

On the positive side, the delays have allowed for the discovery of additional artwork.

We'll have more information in the coming months.

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to hear! Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Glad to hear that the project hasn't been abandoned! Can't wait to see it.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
My name is Nino G and I knew Joe from as far back as I can remember ( I am 57 yrs old) through trips to half way way house in Mexico to the Red Rock Canyon, to many, many meals at their house with Ruth's cooking and joes story telling, to many sailing adventures and him and Norman, and Ruth and Joe graciously offering their house in Altadena for my future in-laws from Australia to stay at when we were getting married. I have many of Joe's works (unfortunately none of Norman's...his closest sidekick). If you are still in contact with Ruth and Joe's daughter please tell her I said hello....Piera and Mario's son.....
Joe did a painting of Anacapa Island oil and very textured....do you know what ever became of it.....it was very atypical Joe but truely magnificent!

Nino G

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Nino. Thanks for posting.

I'd love to talk to you more about Joe. You can get in touch with me by going to:

http://wildernessofthemind.com/

There's an 'info' link at the bottom of the page.

And I just spoke with Joe's daughter...she's looking forward to hearing from you. Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wilderness of the Mind,

posted Hide Post
Lovely.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So...is this project officially dead? Its been what, nearly 9 years since it was announced?

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post