Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Wilderness of the Mind: The Art of Joseph Mugnaini
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilderness of the Mind: The Art of Joseph Mugnaini
 Login/Join

posted
Since Phil added to the original thread from a year ago, I thought I should update the first post as well.

We've updated Wilderness of the Mind: The Art of Joseph Mugnaini with new imagery and new information about the forthcoming book.

Passing your cursor over the images will enlarge them. There are quite a few Bradbury-related images there. Four of them should be of particular interest as they've never been shown before. Ok, technically, one of them has been shown in B&W, but never in color. Smiler

Can you guys guess which ones and what they're from?

There's a lot more information on Phil's site, too; drop down about six posts for the link.

If you have any questions or would like to be added to the mailing list for updates, there are links at Wilderness of the Mind

Enjoy!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wilderness of the Mind,

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
The Art of Joseph Mugnaini

Mugnaini is a time machine! I've just been transported to October 31st!

What a beautiful witch.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is EXCELLENT news!!! I'm in!

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news, jetJagger. A long time coming, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news, and I'll be looking out for the book!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mugnaini's art always seemed to give me that little assist in transporting me whither Bradbury in the accompanied story would have me go.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the latest information about the forthcoming book on Joe Mugnaini see my blog, here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Passing your cursor over the images will enlarge them. There are quite a few Bradbury-related images there. Four of them should be of particular interest as they've never been shown before. Ok, technically, one of them has been shown in B&W, but never in color. Smiler

Can you guys guess which ones and what they're from?

No guesses on the four never-before-shown images? Confused

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any new word on these projects? Is the author/producer OK?
http://ryanleasher.com/books.htm
and
http://www.ryanleasher.com/film.htm

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan Leasher and jetJagger are one and the same (if I remember correctly). I met him once at Ray's. I was there visiting when he arrived, I believe. Nice guy. I remember him asking me about being put in touch with GCJ regarding this project. I told him that I had a copy of Icarus Montgolfier Wright which I had copied from a DVD George had lent me. It's not in the best of shape, and I look forward to seeing the restored version.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So...what IS the status on this book? It appears to be in limbo. That's a shame.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I emailed the gentleman from info on his website a few days ago. No response so far. I hope he is well. Will certainly share here if I here anything.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, all. The book is indeed still coming. It was delayed by the year and a half I spent in New Zealand working on Avatar. That coupled with a move back to the states consumed a tremendous amount of time.

On the positive side, though, the delay allowed us to add a few special things that wouldn't have been part of the book otherwise.

My designer and I are hard at work on it, using whatever time we can to move it forward. The current page count is tipping in between 350 and 400 pages, so there's a lot to do. And that's just the book... Smiler

We hope to have the book ready for the printer within the next few months. It will see publication this year.

--
jJ

posted Hide Post
I'm THRILLED by this! (Sorry for crashing in, this is my first post)
I loved Mugnaini's artwork already as a child....I was looking for something like this for ages and gave up a few years ago, today was my lucky day, BINGO!
Now all I have to do is wait....just a bit longer?

Keep us posted! Wink

Posts: 5 | Location: Where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay.... | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lily:
I'm THRILLED by this! (Sorry for crashing in, this is my first post)

If you're gonna crash, this is a good place to crash!

"Live Forever!"