Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Can’t distinctly hear one line of a dialog in ‘The Ray Bradbury Theater’. Please help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can’t distinctly hear one line of a dialog in ‘The Ray Bradbury Theater’. Please help
 Login/Join

posted
I’m making a translation of the ‘Ray Bradbury Theater’ series. In the episode called ‘The Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone’ there is one line in a dialog that I can’t distinctly hear.

I uploaded the video of that scene to Youtube. It’s only 12 seconds long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...s6w&feature=youtu.be

Below there is a transcript of what I can and cannot hear.

‘Last Sunrise’ was his best!
‘No, no! ‘Contempt of Court’’
??????????????????????????

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Balderdash! ????? lovers ????? concern."

???

Somebody should check the text of the short story to see if that helps! Or maybe somebody has better speakers than me.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, philnic. I think the first word must be 'balder' (it matches the context but I'm not sure if such a word exists).

Could you please help with the other part of the phrase?

BTW, no transcriptions of this episode can be found, subtitles are also not available, and the actual Bradbury's story is not of any help 'cause it's very different from the screenplay.

BTW, I visited your site related to Ray Bradbury. It was interesting to know of the unfilmed screenplays of Ray Bradbury and I also appreciated the links to his audio materials.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi sovtransavto, that first word is definitely "Balderdash!" It means "nonsense!"

I can't quite make out the rest of the sentence, sorry!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post