Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury on Radio

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury on Radio
 Login/Join

posted
If anyone is interested in Bradbury's stories on radio,here are some forthcoming broadcasts which can be heard over the web (as well as on "proper" radio in the UK):

Tuesday 9th September, 8.30pm BST: Vintage Radio: The Martian Chronicles on OneWord http://www.oneword.co.uk
(click on Listen Now for live streaming). OneWord is also available in the UK on DAB Digital Radio, on Sky channel 877, and Freeview channel 87.
(The programme listings do not identify which radio series this version of Chronicles comes from, but it is most likely to be Dimension X or X Minus One. Please bear in mind that OneWord's schedule often differs drastically from what is published in advance - don't blame me if they actually broadcast something totally different!)

Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th September, 6.oopm BST (repeated at midnight BST on both days): Tales of the Bizarre on BBC7 www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7
(click on Listen Now for live streaming). BBC7 is also available in the UK on DAB Digital Radio (mono only), Sky channel 881 (stereo), and Freeview channel 78 (stereo). I don't have any information on which episodes will be broadcast, but the Saturday and Sunday episodes should be different. If you have never heard this series,it is well worth a listen. Each episode is personally introduced by Ray Bradbury - and he even reads the credits at the end!

(There is some basic information on these and other Bradbury adaptations on my website http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379

If you are not in the UK, don't forget time zones - BST is GMT plus one hour.

A bit off-topic, but in a similar vein: BBC7 have a series of SF short stories on from Mon-Fri 8-12 September at 6pm (repeated each day at midnight). They have some Philip K.Dick mon-wed, and Harlan Ellison's "Soldier" on thu-fri. Not sure whether these are dramatisations or readings.

I hope this information is of interest to some of you!

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 09-05-2003).]

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 09-05-2003).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post