Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    FROM THE DUST RETURNED Movie

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FROM THE DUST RETURNED Movie
 Login/Join

posted
MGM has acquired the screen rights to Ray Bradbury's From The Dust Returned.:

http://www.deadline.com/tag/ray-bradbury/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, imagine the mess Hollywood could make of THAT one!

Of course, Hollywood options come and go, and most optioned works never actually get filmed. MARTIAN CHRONICLES, FAHRENHEIT 451, ILLUSTRATED MAN, DANDELION WINE: they're all out there in some kind of development hell.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. As philnic said, this could be a big mess. But one never knows. Though their track record isn't great, folks in Hollywood occasionally get stuff right. Of course, it will probably never get made, like so many films.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Wow, imagine the mess Hollywood could make of THAT one!

PLEASE tell me Tim Burton is not directing Johnny Depp as Uncle Einar in a comedy version!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha! You know, there was a time when a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp adaptation of Bradbury would have been something I would have looked forward to (although cautiously). Now, I share your sentiment!

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post