Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    APOLOGIES FOR THE OFFENSIVE TOPICS
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APOLOGIES FOR THE OFFENSIVE TOPICS
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Grassy, you would be missed! Won't you visit the new neighbourhood once in awhile?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received an email from Kevin Fitzpatrick at Harper-Collins. Wrote that he is out on vacation until October 10th...and will respond to the situation here at that time. So, folks, you can still go out and play, but watch out for the thugs!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-27-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's funny Nard. It does bring up an important point, that sometimes it's okay to act like a kid again. It is especially important when your playing with your own children. Play, play, play with them. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to access the kid that's still inside ya. And if you have kids, when you talk to them, its important to bend down so that your eye to eye with them on their level and really listen to what they are saying. Sometimes, I know I'm guilty of coming home tired and grumpy and just saying yeah yeah when I really didn't hear what they were saying. It goes by too fast and then they are gone, so love and cherish! If you don't have kids, you can still play. Go fly a kite or make a boat out of paper to float in a flooded raingutter, whatever. I watched a good episode of Friends the other night. Feebs and Rachel were going to take up jogging but Rachel was embarrassed to run with Feebs because she unorthodoxically ran like a child running through the playground willy nilly. She avoided running with her because people would see her and she felt self conscious. Until, that is, that she realized that it was more important to be faithful and true to her friend than worry about what other people thought. Plus, once she tried it Feeb's way, it was better and more fun! You really can live forever by not letting the inner child go, and play with your kids, have fun!

Grasstains, you should let go of the anger that you feel towards whoever you feel wronged you on the other board. Do it firstly for yourself because it ain't hurting nobody but yourself! It's true in life too, yet very hard to do sometimes, I know. That board needs more people like yourself over there, fun knowledgeable people who love Ray and his work. C'mon, waddya say? All's I'm going to say is that you would be a real asset to the board. Okay, sorry I went on and on and on like the battery bunny.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think perhaps I don't behave properly, or something, I don't know. I'm kinda scared to join the adults. So, while it may be a little uncomfortable at this here kiddie table, at least I can get away with not using my napkin and the occaisional burp. It's not hatred or anger, I'm not really sure I can hang a name on it, but whatever it is, it feels bad. Like somebody telling you it's okay to eat spinach. I just can't do it, yet.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if this old house really does crumble into dust, you must, you truly must. That's all there is to it. The reason is that you are wanted there, and by more than me and a few others I can name. Your wit, enthusiasm, knowledge of books(esp. sci-fi) is invaluable to that site. I'm beggin ya! We'll scoot the little table over and have one huge banquet where adults and children can laugh till milk comes out our noses all together. We'll rock and rattle the new shingles and roof in the house of Bradbury. Your decision, but I'm a tellin ya, that board needs more of what you can offer! I have a gut feel that it would be good for you as well. Nuff said...

p.s. And if anyone tries to correct you or laughs at you, alls you have to do is tear off a turkey leg and wave it high and proud! I got your back, I'll start a pie throwin and food fightin............

[This message has been edited by Robot Lincoln (edited 09-27-2006).]

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good enough for me. Make room! But, I'm still not eating my spinach! Can't I just have pumpkin pie for dinner?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grassy,
Be of good cheer and fear not.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may eat pumpkin pie until your as orange as a jack-a-lantern. Spinach? Never liked it except maybe in dip. With all the hype surrounding it though these days, I'm of the mentality to give it a second shot.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
We would be nothing without our grasstains.

I second what Robot Lincoln said (09-27-2006 04:53 PM). Please?

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 09-28-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate yams as well, fjp....

Onward to Mars!