Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    APOLOGIES FOR THE OFFENSIVE TOPICS
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APOLOGIES FOR THE OFFENSIVE TOPICS
 Login/Join

posted
Several overseas websites that are very offensive have been posting on this board. They are removed as soon as possible, but sometimes not as quickly as would be expected.

Apologies for this, and the fact that such a thing is happening here. Several of the websites have been able to be contacted and a request made to remove the address of this website from their databases.

Please post any ideas that you think may help in blocking these unwanted websites.

Thanks

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Nard for your dilligence and Dandelion too. Your keeping this ghost town clean! We don't cotton to their kind around here(spoken in Festus voice), they better skedaddle afore the marshall gets back in town...

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apologies from me, too, and thanks, Nard, for at least being able to contact the websites, which is more than I could do.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, there are some dozen plus undesirables hitting the forums daily. This may become a full-time job. How much does it pay?

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It used to pay in good things, such as books, posters, and cassettes from HarperCollins. Now it only pays in the satisfaction of a job well done.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm!

posted Hide Post
Just to let others know...that this site is being hit by upwards of 20 (twenty) Russian spams a day, as of now.

Some would actually be interesting if one could read them in English, but all have nothing to do with Bradbury, and are....SPAM!

Please bear with us if some linger longer than they should,. They do not automatically get trashed. They have to be key-stroked to be removed.

posted Hide Post
Posted before, but here's the translation:
http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some are in English, if it can be termed such.

posted Hide Post
The 'spams' are getting worse. And more of them.

Something MUST be done, thru Harper Collins, or whoever....

Otherwise, it's mud thrown on the website and whatta you do...just stand there and take it? No way!

posted Hide Post
I've been out of town and hardly near a computer for the last three days and the 'spam' is as bad as bugs hitting an open windshield. Let's face it. This website has run its coure. The forums and replies/topics should be transferred to the new Bradbury website and this one closed down.

Now, if there is a way to BLOCK ALL SPAM, especially from Russia, then maybe it could hang on for a while in case some bright brain out there comes up with some amazing idea for this website. (But, personally, I doubt it!)

==================Sunday night, 10:09 PM LA time==========

posted Hide Post
Nardster, thanks again for the purge!
Are you, in fact, investigating a way to block this stuff? It didn't used to be this bad, in fact it was practically nonexistent years ago.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II

Talked on the phone last week with a fellow named Kevin at Harper-Collins who is supposed to be in charge to some extent of the Bradbury website(s). Said he was going to look into it. Well, here it is a week later and heard nothing, not even an email. So I'll email him again today (Sep 26th). Likely this site will be shut down.

posted Hide Post
It may surprise some of you to know that this site was shut down two years ago...ghosts we be lads and lassies, did ye not notice no one answers when ye call out?

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Robo, just in case this is it... you can email me at FRMN451@sbcglobal.net

Everybody else,
Embrace the things you love, share them with others, keep dancing and stay young forever.
Love Always, grasstains

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 09-27-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post