Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Shadow Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shadow Show
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
SHADOW SHOW is on the preliminary ballot of the 2012 Bram Stoker Awards for the year's best anthology. The finalists will be announced on February 23, 2013.

Finalists announced: http://www.horror.org/blog/?p=3211

Best Wishes to SHADOW SHOW editors Mort Castle and Sam Weller in the category Superior Achievement In Anthology!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was about to post the same news ... Shadow Show has a good chance, so let's hold thumbs!

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee, thanks so much you guys. Mort and I are very hopeful we can win this one in honor of Ray.

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More recognition for Shadow Show :

“Little America”, by Dan Chaon, and “Two Houses”, by Kelly Link are finalists in the Short Fiction category of the Shirley Jackson Awards, while the book itself is up for the Edited Anthology prize.

Congratulations to authors and editors!

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bram Stoker Awards will be announced on Saturday 15th June. SHADOW SHOW is shortlisted for Best anthology. The ceremony will be streamed live on Ustream:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bram-stoker-awards

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to pick up a copy of this, only just finding out about it now.

Alice Hoffman is great, Neil Gaiman is someone I've been meaning to get into, and there are mannnyyyy more there to explore. Awesome.

Posts: 20 | Location: Toronto | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just in:

Shadow Show, edited by Sam Weller and Mort Castle, has won a major award:

The Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in an Anthology.

Congratulations to the editors and all contributors!

posted Hide Post
H o o r a y !!!! for Ray Bradbury! Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl. I need to get it when I catch up to a chance of reading it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shadow Show's win is clocked at about 26 minutes into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dRw&feature=youtu.be

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good words.

And more!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shadow Show, Volume One was released today. There are three covers for the same issue, two are called variant covers. Volume Two is in December and in January Volume Three will have Ray as the cover art.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Volume 2, comes out Wednesday with the story by some guy named Neil Gaiman.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Shadow Show, Volume One was released today. There are three covers for the same issue, two are called variant covers. Volume Two is in December and in January Volume Three will have Ray as the cover art.

I think Ray Bradbury is watching. Smiler

http://www.idwpublishing.com/shadow-show/

Also check out Sam Weller.net

posted Hide Post
Interesting and enthusiastic Q & A with author Sam Weller:
http://www.carlalves.com/blog/