Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Shadow Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shadow Show
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
One of my outtake stories from SHADOW SHOW, "The Shadows Behind the Trees," is now available as a free e-story download for tablets, ereaders, computers, and smart phones.

This story was partially written in Ray's house. I read much of it to him in April. He liked it very much. I have dedicated it to him.

Download the story here:

www.listentotheechoes.com

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BOOKLIST REVIEW [STARRED]

http://www.booklistonline.com/...etectCookieSupport=1

PUBLISHERS WEEKLY REVIEW [STARRED]

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-06-212268-1

WIRED.COM

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/07/shadow-show/

HOUSTON PRESS

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/...bury_shadow_show.php

This message has been edited. Last edited by: echoes,

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SHADOW SHOW is now available (from this Amazon page, for example).

I couldn't wait for delivery to the UK (projected for August), so invested in the ebook version.

[I don't care what you say, it's still a book. And if I want that "real book" smell, I can just hold ANOTHER book near my nose while I read my Kindle version... Big Grin ]

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SHADOW SHOW is now also available by way of download at audible.com.

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=...id=1341973504&sr=1-1

Narrative performances are by George Takei, Edward Herrmann, Kate Mulgrew, F. Murray Abraham (he shares a personal recollection of Ray Bradbury) , Neil Gaiman, Peter Appel and James Urbaniak. Editors Sam Weller and Mort Castle read the Introduction.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
SHADOW SHOW is now also available by way of download at audible.com...

Ooh, I wonder who reads which story? I see that it is unabridged, so I may have to invest in that as well...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care what you say, it's still a book. And if I want that "real book" smell, I can just hold ANOTHER book near my nose while I read my Kindle version...

Yes, Phil. And being fed intravenously is exactly the same as sitting down to a dinner. After all, it's the nutrients that count ...

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer those little space-age pills they all said we'd be eating... (I watched CONQUEST OF SPACE the other day, and was amused to see that scene.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I've ordered the paper version, but it's annoyingly difficult to buy the e-book if you don't have a Kindle. I've considered getting one, but then there's the iPad, which looks even nicer, and it's good for Zinio, which I have on my desktop. So I just can't make up my mind.

Then there's the audio version, which excites me as well (George Takei! Cool!), but I have data capacity issues.

So I'll curl up with my paper book, until e-books become a bit more universally accessible.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't open up the whole "which is the best e-reader" debate, but will chip in that you don't need a Kindle to read Kindle books: you can get free software for Kindle books for most platforms. I still haven't looked at SHADOW SHOW on my Kindle device, but I have viewed it on my PC.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I have Kindle for pc, and in the past I downloaded a few Kindle books, but in recent attempts I've received a message that says I can't have the e-book because there's no registered Kindle device associated with my account.

But I'll go and have another look ... and try a rival supplier as well.

posted Hide Post
Nope, doesn't work.

The download options are (1) To a registered Kindle device, (2) To the Cloud Reader - which doesn't appeal to me because you have to read the whole book online, or (3) To a new Kindle account.

The rival supplier insists on a billing address within the USA.

These are the obstacles you face when you live in the jungle.

posted Hide Post
No, wait! I was wrong. I HAVE now downloaded the book to my desktop!

Dunno what I did wrong at first. Perhaps it was just a matter of signing in first.

Anyway, that's good to know.

posted Hide Post
Ah yes, I spoke from a UK perspective; we have our own country-specific Kindle Store from Amazon, which you may not be blessed with!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
It'll all be sorted out at some point in the future, one imagines.

I'm going to read the whole book, front to back, switching between paper and electronic, depending on where i am and the mood I'm in. Well, once I receive my paper copy, of course.

But I've peeked at some of the afterwords, and once again, I was surprised by the pessimistic tone of some of Harlan Ellison's recent utterances. He says his contribution here may well be his last published story. Let's hope that's not the case, and that he surprises himself.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
...I was surprised by the pessimistic tone of some of Harlan Ellison's recent utterances...

Harlan was quite ill for a time (and possibly still is). In addition to any physical ailments, he has also talked about being diagnosed with depression - which might explain some of this.

- Phil