Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 Off-Broadway & Note from Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 Off-Broadway & Note from Ray
 Login/Join

posted
For those who aren't aware, Fahrenheit 451 currently is playing at 59E59 theaters Off-Broadway. I strongly reccomend that you attended this fantastic production.

Here is a post where I talk about the show and also has a note from Ray to the director that was forwarded to me:
http://raybradbury.forumup.com/viewtopic.php?t=9&mforum=raybradbury
Drop a reply here or, if you're feeling especially kind, Wink at that forum. You don't have to join to leave a post anonymously, BTW.

The show started mid-way in march and is closing late this month, so it won't be around too much longer.

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Something_Wicked_451.

While I haven't seen this NY production (a bit too far away from where I live!), I have read the play, and saw the British premiere of it a couple of years ago. Despite the expansive feel of the novel, which might lead one to assume it wouldn't work in a theater, the play works really well on a small stage, primarily because of the emphasis on Montag, Beatty, Clarisse and Montag's wife.

I have a review of the British production on my website.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at your review just now. Great site! Anyhow, it looks like it was originally done as much more of a sci-fi piece, case-in-point those actors in silly, futuristic wear. This production might as well be in the present. The firemen all way present-day uniforms and everybody else just wears black, except Clarisse, who wears a plain brown dress.

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you say silly ?
SILLY!!?
What's wrong with silly outfits?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Light glistening on the surface of the water. There is something lurking below. Slowly we become aware of the sounds of John William’s “Jaws” theme.

(Underwater POV)
There is a carp cruising restlessly here, ready to break the surface.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
did you say silly ?
SILLY!!?
What's wrong with silly outfits?

Nothin'. *cough* Just saying, well, they're...silly. Not bad.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
Light glistening on the surface of the water. There is something lurking below. Slowly we become aware of the sounds of John William’s “Jaws” theme.

(Underwater POV)
There is a carp cruising restlessly here, ready to break the surface.

If you're referring to the fact that this topic is linked to a post on my board, that's only out of sheer laziness on my part.

posted Hide Post
No, just a booboo in your 1:38 PM posting but I didn’t really want to carp because I do it all the time myself. —Best

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31, have you ever had smoked carp? The only way you can eat the fish really.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, the experience gastronomic. That’s something I haven’t tried. I’ll have to check it out.

posted Hide Post
I tried smoking carp, but it was hard to light.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't help it , Chap 31!! If BrII can do his "lighting the carp" line, I thought you would like this one (per the 1:38 posting):

http://www.reffalt.com/townies/boo_boo_bear_th.jpg

"Mister Ranger, Sir!" and "Hey, Yogi"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Esprit de Booboo. Love it. And I love anyone with the name Yogi.

posted Hide Post
Nearly all the Hanna Barbera voices were done by the late great Daws Butler. He was a very dear friend of Stan Freberg. I wonder if Mr. B. knew him well?
Speaking of Yogi, I have a pretty good collection of Yogi Yorgesson. I sing a lot of his stuff too, ya sure.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my collection from Yogi:
http://www.umpirebob.com/DATA/yogiisms.htm

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post