Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Best Thread Ever?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Thread Ever?
 Login/Join

posted
You might think I'm new here, but I did participate on this Message Board for quite some time under a different name. Life happened, and I walked away from the computer for a bit. I forgot my password and when I tried the "forget your password?" thing, IT DIDN'T WORK!!! So, I had to use another User Name AND e-mail adress to be able to Post anything here, my most favoritist place in the whole wide www. />
I think we've been doing this long enough to release a "Greatest Hits" album
Now, from pure recollection, what thread sticks in your mind as- The Best Thread Ever - and why? Come on old-timers, play. Which thread do you remember most?

As I recall, "Nazi Book Burnings" was a real barn-burner, pun intended. Nard was in top form. I think it ran 3-4 pages. A real "heated" debate over religion. I remember another time someone said something like "whatever" and Nard came back with something like, "see
www.whatever.com and wouldn't you know it, it was an actual website. LOL

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....and then there was that shameless guy who presented himself as Ray Bradbury, at a most inappropriate and vulnerable time for us....

Maybe I shouldn't have reminded everyone of this. But, it's something I will NEVER forget.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 02-21-2004).]

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember that guy. Some people are kind of like web socio-paths. He certainly fit in that category.

I like the "What got you started" thread. It is still active. I love reading the origin stories of how people got turned on to Ray's work. It's really fun watching another generation turn on to Ray's stories and ideas. I see my own story in a lot of them.

I've liked some of the shorter threads, asking questions about some of the lesser known stories and books. There have been a lot of times I've had to go read a story, or do a search to get a hold of a book I didn't have. I just -- today, in fact -- received a copy of "Green Shadows White Whale" that I did a search for and ordered based on people's comments here. (The copy is like it was just published yesterday! The book looks brand new!)

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember, and participated in, the Nazi book burnings thread. Ah, such fond memories. I especially like reading Mr. Dark's posts. Always something new there. And Nard's passion. So any thread they participate in is a great thread, to me.

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post