Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Poignant, Beautiful, Inspirational...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poignant, Beautiful, Inspirational...
 Login/Join

posted
This is the writer I love and respect. He is simply an inspiration to humanity. I hope to God he makes it back to Paris one hundred more times!!
http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:bTWYRv4IX_4J:www.latimes.com/la-et-martinez18aug18,0,3601860.column+ray+bradbury+in+another+world&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a nice article. I've forwarded it on to some friends and family members.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great article, even if it did make me weepy. I would take him to Paris myself, and wheel him all day and night across the city if it would help him to fulfill his wish.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....and also make the trip back to Mars as often as possible.

(Click around a bit on varying image resolutions, in the site referenced below, and enjoy how accurately -in comparison- Mr. Bradbury's words painted the landscapes of the Red Planet for us - 50 yrs. before the technology got there to capture it in these photos.) http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/june2000/
A Martian landscape MUST someday soon bear his name!

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 09-05-2003).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evocative photos. I love what textures and landscapes (mars scapes) do to your mind.

Didn't someone already name a crater or canal after something to do with Bradbury? Dandelion??

posted Hide Post
Green Shadow:
Crater on the moon is named Dandelion, for Bradbury...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know about the one on the moon; I meant are there any of his progeny on Mars.

[This message has been edited by Green Shadow (edited 09-05-2003).]

posted Hide Post
With spaceships now closing in on Mars, and so many landscapes soon to be witnessed for he first time, names need to be issued. What office at NASA would be open to our advice for the obvious honor of a Canyon Ray Bradbury, Mount Bradbury, or Martian Chronicles Plateau?

(It is a cool, clear far Northern NY night as I type and Mr. Bradbury's other home sparkles brilliantly just above the western sky's horizon. Alive and beautiful, just like in the stories!)

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post