Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO
 Login/Join

posted
Information on HBO doing Fahrenheit 451.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/hbo-is-...michael-b-1794474620

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you guys feel about Michael B. Jordan playing Montag?

Posts: 18 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cautiously optimistic about this. As most on here know, it's been a long, long path to getting F451 back on the screen (big or small).

I think the cast (or what little we know of the cast) looks good. Shannon is great in everything I've seen him in, and though I've only seen Jordan in Creed, he knocked it out of the park in that, so I'm good with him as Montag.

One commenter on another site said they'd like to have seen Shannon as Montag and Christoph Waltz as Beatty. That would have been excellent, in my opinion, but I think Jordan will do a good job as Montag and Shannon certainly has the "bad guy" chops to pull of Beatty.

If the script is any good, which . . . well, we'll see.

Posts: 37 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any of their work but their pictures look all right.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an update on HBO's new version of FAHRENHEIT 451, scheduled to be released in 2018.

https://screenrant.com/fahrenh...shannon-gritty-dark/

Posts: 2447 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So people would have to subscribe to HBO to see it?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HBO has released its first preview, or "teaser", for its upcoming film adaptation of Ray Bradbury's FAHRENHEIT 451. Click on the link below to view it. (The film is scheduled to be aired on HBO in the Spring of 2018, but a specific release date has yet to be provided.)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/...shannon-ray-bradbury

posted Hide Post
Anxious to see this and hope they don't "politicize" it too much. Bradbury's novel didn't attack any political party, but spoke against the suppression of thought. The suppression of thought we deal with in America today is the violent suppression of speech by mobs, the quiet suppression of speech by political correctness (things we can't say because they offend--the EXACT issue in F451), and in the suppression of speech through violence.

I don't bring up politics to make the thread controversial; but because the write-up accompanying the teaser seemed to imply Trump was bad but he would try to avoid that. We forget that it was Obama that illegally tapped phones of journalists, bad-mouthed Fox over and over again, and expanded the scope of the NSA's domestic spying activities. So let's try and keep level heads.

I'm very glad to see someone doing an updated version of F451--one of the great dystopian novels of all time, and certainly relevant today.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Beautiful picture. Walt Kelly was a genius.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I can tell the quote originally referred to the environment, but can apply to many applications.

posted Hide Post
I'd like to rain on the parade by pointing out that in the era of the eBook they'd have to kindle people's Kindles.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I'd like to rain on the parade by pointing out that in the era of the eBook they'd have to kindle people's Kindles.

Fahrenheit 4510!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the article below (dated two days ago), the HBO production of FAHRENHEIT 451 is scheduled to premiere on HBO in May of this year.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/26/hb...renheit-451-trailer/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

posted Hide Post
It would actually be a good scene if people were allowed to keep dumbed-down comic editions of the classics and someone was busted for having original paper copies containing all the "offensive" material!