Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Smashed butterfly changes the future

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smashed butterfly changes the future
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to track down a story I read years ago, I think it was Bradbury but I'm not sure. Something about a time machine that these people took to visit prehistoric days, but had to stay on a path, if they stepped off the path they might change history. One person steps off, they go home and find the world totally different, run by dictators, and it has the guy looking at the bottom of his shoe to find a butterfly he stepped on, which started a long chain of events which led to all the dramatic world changes. IS THIS A BRADBURY STORY??

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, "A Sound of Thunder," soon to be a major motion picture, and by the way the second most remembered, described, and requested Bradbury story!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know any details of the movie--release date, actors, Bradbury's input, etc. ?? Can't wait to see it!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check here for a history of the project and future updates.
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/soundofthunder.html

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. Everyone at this site is always so helpful.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 01-24-2003).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post