Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Spoke To Ray Last Night

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spoke To Ray Last Night
 Login/Join

posted
I called Ray to tell him how much I was enjoying Tales of The Crypt, the two CD set.
It includes a real relaxed discussion of the early association Ray had with EC Comics with Ray, Jerry Weist and Al Feldstein of EC. It is a great video with some of the original art work of the early comics.

Ray said that he had been to an engagement the night before and had signed about "a thousand books and was there until midnight." I said to him, "All this is really keeping you young isn't it?" And he replied that he "was about 12 years old."

With his cataract being removed and replaced with a lens he said that he is now seeing colors that he hadn't seen since he was very young.

He also said that he was going to see "A Sound of Thunder" tomorrow (April 1st) and so it seems that there is still a question as to when it is going to be released. All Ray said when I asked him about a release date was that he was going to see the movie in two days.

He sounded great and thanked me for calling.
What a guy!

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update on Ray. I love hearing about what he is up to. I didn't know he was going to have the cataract surgery, but I'm glad to hear it went so well. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the movie, whenever it may be. I wish we could all go to it together!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post