Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    THE CAVALRY IS COMING!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE CAVALRY IS COMING!
 Login/Join

posted
FIRST NOTICE:

Help is on its way! The powers that be at HarperCollins have been contacted and will look into

--reinstating the moderator (accidentally uninstated in the move.) At least one of your protests about inappropriate materials being posted has reached those in authority, so they may even be removed before the return of your beloved moderator.

--reinstating the missing posts and checking for others. (This could get interesting. I've noticed on the old board, with newer posts, made since the move, I retain my moderating powers, but with older ones, made before the move, I tried to delete a duplicate thread and couldn't. So if existing posts end up being duplicated while adding missing posts, it could prove a challenge to end up with only one copy each of imported posts. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, and we may not come to it. HAL is so very clever about spotting duplicates he may not allow them--that's the reason this notice is appearing in all four forums with slightly different wording.)

--the decidedly "un-Bradbury" color scheme, not to mention the deathly pallor of text typed into the compose and reply boxes, which gets hard especially on older folks.

They have also been made aware of what you DO like about the new forums!

Look forward to a BRAVE NEW WORLD!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, you're the best.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awww...thanks!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dandelion, watch what you are saying about us "older folks." But, yes, I do see what you mean.

Hey, I reinstate my previous statement that I am all for your reinstatement as Moderator of this fine new board. So there!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purple - lurid - garish - more Poesque than Bradbarian. Dandelion, if you can get your hands on the reigns once again, I am sure that spark of life, much needed and missing since we've arrived here, will return and brighten things up. Kind of like in Pleasantville!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, rather than purple, this is more lavender.A bit poofy for the likes of Mr. Bradbury.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yippee! "Long Live The Queen"

It's good to have you back, unshackled and out of exile.

Any word on when mom and dad are going to turn off the old playroom?

What colors would be more appropriate for this playroom?

I'm thinking the colors of a Kaliedescope or carnival glass.

===============================================================

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grasstains,

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We could have each forum a colour of the famous stained-glass window, perhaps reserving strawberry for something special?

posted Hide Post
Aieee!
The poofy lavender board with the little houses by each forum has suddenly gone baby blue with little pastel squares!
Who decides these things?
Is Martha Stewart hacking this site from her prison cell??

posted Hide Post
this is not so much a response to your recent posting, but....I would very much like to find out how to access the issue of Pro Football Magazine (sometime in the 1970's????) where Ray did a poem....he talked about the poem in his recent visit to Bakersfield, CA, where I had the pleasure of meeting 'The Man' and getting two books signed. If you know anything about the issue of Pro Football magazine that I am referring to, please advise. Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Location: Tehachapi, CA | Registered: 02 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All kinds of worlds? Sure would be cool to have a different color for each forum, but don't know if they're set up for that. We were lucky to trade the lavender for blue, dilly, dilly.

As for mom and dad pulling the plug on the old playroom, all good things must come to an end. They have been apprised of the situation and I fear the old board's time is near at hand.

posted Hide Post
I think you're talking about "All Flesh is One: What Matter Scores?" which appeared in "Pro," December 14, 1970. If you just want the poem, it's collected in "When Elephants Last in the Dooryard Bloomed" and should also appear in "Complete Poems" and "They Have Not Seen the Stars."

posted Hide Post
I think it would be nice for HarperCollins to make a page on raybradbury.com with links to other writer's sites: www.bradburymedia.co.uk, my 'immersion' and some others. It would be useful to people who search information on Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post